MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Pcie Card Vs. Firewire, Just what it says :)
SadPandas
posté lun. 13 avril 2009, 05:49
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 09 juin 05
Lieu : Los Angeles - US
Membre no 66,616

Hey all, question: Now that i have a beast of a machine and don't need a portable (and really unreliable) D/A convertor anymore (Presonus firebox) I was thinking of getting a new and more robust and MORE RELIABLE I/O box. I have read that the PCIE cards take a lot of the strain off of the processor and are generally more stable than their fw400 and usb2.0 brethren. Can someone please tell me since i have a 'decent' rig now (3.0 Dual Quad January 08 Mac Pro) which units have you with similar set ups been running? I like the 896 and the ensemble which are both firewire but if anyone is running a pci or pcie system please let me know your experiences.

sp

Just to be fair to the firebox and to let you know what my issue is with it; it seems to be losing connection with my tower and needs to be 'reset' at least once a day... BUMMER. Some users have said they have been experiencing the same issues...

--------------------
*2 x 2.8 Quad MacPro, 6Gb ram, 512vram, Logic 9
*2 x 2.0 G5, Everything else.... These lists bum everyone out... ;(
*Power Book 1.67, 2Gb ram, 128vram, 100hd, PodXtPro, Firebox, Logic 8, Live 7."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 2 juin 2024, 06:09
- © MacMusic 1997-2008