MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés

pythagoras

Photo personnelle
Members

Note

Options
Options
Pro Infos

Musiciens / Compositeurs

Infos personnelles
Sexe non défini
Né(e) le 3 Fév. 1959 (65 ans)
91619 Los Angeles
Etats-unis
pythagoras n'a pas de présentation personnelle pour le moment.
Statistiques
Inscrit : 21 avril 08
Vus : 772*
Dernière visite : lundi 21 avril 2008, 15:35
Heure locale : lun. 20 mai 2024, 08:28
1 message(s) (0 par jour)
Contact
AIM Aucune information
Yahoo Aucune information
ICQ Aucune information
MSN Aucune information
* Le compteur est mis à jour chaque heure
Sujets
Commentaires
Amis
Mon contenu
21 Apr 2008
Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I find PDF versions of documentation absolutely essential. I like having a printed manual, but there are so many advantages to a PDF version that I feel hamstrung if restricted to printed paper.

For me, the two greatest advantages of a PDF document are (a) if created properly, it's searchable (so I don't have to manually hunt for topic discussions), and (b) when I'm actually using a piece of software, it's usually more convenient to have the documentation displayed on screen (easier to bounce back & forth between the software & the online documentation than to bounce back & forth between the software & a physical user manual in my lap).

Moreover, the DP 5 manual is so large, it's prohibitively cumbersome to try to reference the manual while I'm at the computer trying to use Digital Performer.

So, why am I posting this? Because MOTU currently does not provide PDF versions of their user manuals. But if DP users would just take a few minutes to contact MOTU & request PDF versions of user manuals, I suspect MOTU would promptly comply. Given that all current user manuals almost certainly exist as computer files, generating PDF versions is a trivial task. Digidesign, Roland, & other music product developers provide PDF versions of their full library of user manuals. It seems reasonable to ask MOTU to follow suit.
Derniers visiteurs
pythagoras n'a aucun visiteur à afficher..

Commentaires
Les autres utilisateurs n'ont laissé aucun commentaire pour pythagoras.

Amis
Il n'y a aucun ami à afficher.
Version bas débit - lundi 20 mai 2024, 16:28
- © 440 Forums 2011