MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Limited Available Memory, is web browsing effecting logic?
miaba
post Sun 15 Jan 2006, 19:52
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,372

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can briefly explain the pie chart in the "system memory" section of the utlity monitor. I'm noticing that as i surf the web there is a decrease in availability within memory. This is a concern because i need everything i've got to get the best performance out of logic. Any advice, tips, or ideas are welcome. I'm considering a re-instal if necessary.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bigbadprad
post Wed 18 Jan 2006, 16:21
Post #2

Member No.: 72,956

What os are you using?

[EDIT LPM removed ad link]

This post has been edited by lepetitmartien: Tue 24 Jan 2006, 02:57

+Quote Post
coldharbour
post Mon 23 Jan 2006, 13:18
Post #3

Member No.: 62,351

QUOTE (miaba @ Jan 15 2006, 18:52)
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can briefly explain the pie chart in the "system memory" section of the utlity monitor.  I'm noticing that as i surf the web there is a decrease in availability within memory.  This is a concern because i need everything i've got to get the best performance out of logic.  Any advice, tips, or ideas are welcome.  I'm considering a re-instal if necessary.

I assume you're using OS X + Safari.

Don't worry about the memory - OS X has a very smart memory management system and RAM is used as cache whenever possible. Using RAM cache is much faster than using hard disk, which is the traditional way. Safari is known to be a heavy user of RAM because a lot of stuff from the web is cached in RAM - but whenever another app needs RAM, OS X will release it automatically.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 20:35
- © MacMusic 1997-2008