MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dp4 - Desktop Effects, Question on DP4 appearance
SilverZero
post Tue 15 Feb 2005, 22:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,586

Hey all, I'm new here, and I have a quick question. I was over at my friend's studio, and he was using DP4 on his Mac. I caught a quick glimpse of him zooming all the windows out (so they were smaller and more spread out on the desktop), and then bringing a different one to the foreground (zooming it back to the front). What the heck was this? Is this a Mac effect or a DP effect? Or was I imagining it all? I don't think he was in another program, but I'd really like to know what he had going on. I'm primarily using a Windows machine as a DAW, but if I can get this sort of capability on my box, I'd be a lot happier. Minimizing to taskbars is boring. :^)

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
orchman
post Tue 15 Feb 2005, 22:06
Post #2

Member No.: 59,592

What you saw is Exposé, a window management feature on Mac OS10.3.x.

It is very cool and is an invaluable part of my workflow. I dunno if Windows has the capability or of any third party solutions.

Neat stuff, tho!

+Quote Post
SilverZero
post Tue 15 Feb 2005, 22:21
Post #3

Expose, you say? Well, that's at least a name I can go off of for searching for more info.

Thanks, orchman!

UPDATE - After about 2 minutes, I already have 3 or 4 program names to check out. Thanks for the tip!

This post has been edited by SilverZero: Tue 15 Feb 2005, 22:25

+Quote Post
SilverZero
post Wed 16 Feb 2005, 03:10
Post #4

Well, I found a couple of Expose clones. One works alright, but Apple sure had a good idea with Expose. Just another reason to save up for a Mac.

+Quote Post
DANO10
post Wed 16 Feb 2005, 16:05
Post #5

Member No.: 6,512

Hey SilverZero

You may have been looking at DP 4.52s new Consolidated Window. Features that opened as separate windows, such as the Soundbites window and the Sequence Editor, actually any or all windows can now be arranged in one central window. Very handy for me as a DP user.

Dano10

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Wed 16 Feb 2005, 23:05
Post #6

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

This is Exposé which is discussed here (hence why I moved the thread) but sure the Consolidated Window kicks ass biggrin.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
SilverZero
post Wed 16 Feb 2005, 23:24
Post #7

Yeah, Exposé was what I was looking for. I must have seen it on DP4 before they integrated Consolidated Window, so my friend had several windows open. (He was assembling and arranging a full 5.1 surround + video piece, so that certainly must have had a few windows going.) Two days ago, I probably would have said that CW is the way to go (I mean, I'm a tabbed-window Firefox user), but now that I see animated window switching, it feels a little better to me. Maybe it just looks cooler. That's worth something, right?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 25 Apr 2024, 09:22
- © MacMusic 1997-2008