MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can Anyone Help Me Out With Running 2 Users On Osx
SupaSandeep
post Wed 24 Nov 2004, 23:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,384

I read an article in EM magazine about having 2 separate users on osx, one for regular use and one strictly for audio, so i set it up but im having a little bit of trouble with permissions and programs, does anyone know an easy way to fix this???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lushbudget
post Thu 25 Nov 2004, 13:25
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 31,952

Both accounts need to be Adminstrator accounts.
I use this method myself. In fact I've taken it a step further: I have my basic login, a music creation (I call it Studio) login AND a gaming login. I also have a Diagnostic login account for testing my software - to check out problems by process of elimination.
As long as you are logged in as an Administrator you can alter permissions. You will most likely have to re-enter you serials and authorizations for your software as this is often kept in your Users/Library/Preferences folder and not at the Root level.

To become an administrator using OS 10.3.x go to System Preferences and click on Accounts. From there select the Account you want to change then click on Security. At the bottom you'll see the checkbox for "Allow user to administer computer"

That'll do 'er!

JT

--------------------
lushbudget productions, ltd.
www.lushbudget.com
PowerMac G5 dual 2 Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb & 200Gb HD's, Apple 20" Cinema Display
PowerBook G4 Titanium 867Mhz, 1Gb RAM
Digidesign Mbox - Lacie FW 4/800/USB2 160Gb External HD
ProTools LE 6.4, Logic Express 7.0.1, Reason 2.5, Live 3, SampleTank 2, Amplitube, Arturia MiniMoog & CS-80V, Waves Musicians Bundle 4.0.
[SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B]

+Quote Post
arvidtp
post Thu 25 Nov 2004, 17:58
Post #3

Member No.: 12,850

I am also using this method. When you are in each account, select its home folder, get info, allow group "admin" to read and write, and click apply to all enclosed items... This will only work for each account's own home folder because of ownership. That is what I did and it works great, except for some rogue files created by some software that sometimes need to be changed.

peace

--------------------
-Arvid •• Squish the Squid Productions, Modest Machine

•• digitally augmented trumpet, TOOB, flugelhorn, cracklebox, percussicube, no-input-mixers and Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz 15", MacOS 10.5, MOTU Ultralite, Logic Studio 9, MaxMSP 5, JackOSX ••
•• Electronic-experimental, jazz, digital instrument design, electronics, unique software and performance.••

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:14
- © MacMusic 1997-2008