MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pink Floyd Fans!!!
theinfluence1
post Mon 15 Dec 2003, 23:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,192

Just letting all pink floyd fans know that a Live at Pompeii Dvd is out. I just bought my copy not so long ago and i can't get enough of it. This dvd will make u laugh. It's just great to seem them all together... in a way it feels like you are hanging out with them. Anyways I'm trying to convince my friend to buy it but i can't describe it. Has anyone bought the dvd? Please keep me posted if you like it if you didn't ... why you bought it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synthetic
post Tue 16 Dec 2003, 07:15
Post #2

Maniac Member

Member No.: 1,082

hmm.... I would like to see that. I was lucky enough to have seen PF back around 1992-93 in a stadium with 60,000+ people.... was amazing. It was truly a moving thing too when all 60,000 were singing in tune and time to the song "Wish You Were Here". I hope they do another big tour some day wink.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post
Eternal Tedium
post Tue 10 Feb 2004, 08:28
Post #3

Member No.: 35,430

The Wall ... *memories* how is the sound on the new dvd?

+Quote Post
nacho45
post Thu 19 Feb 2004, 01:55
Post #4

Group: Banned
Member No.: 36,202

Sweet!! I've got to go get it.

--------------------
Have you ever wanted to see a Complete Loser?

+Quote Post
3Head
post Wed 18 Aug 2004, 00:43
Post #5

Member No.: 49,021

I didn't know about that dvd . Sounds like obligatory position for every Pink Floyd fan .

+Quote Post
td3k
post Wed 18 Aug 2004, 01:51
Post #6

Member No.: 16,354

I have a VHS of it that has been around for years, It's a great movie if you like Pink Floyd, you can chech out Roger Waters freaking out a Moog Modular making "On the Run".
Also lots of dialogue w/ Waters, Gilmore, ...all of them really. Plus great live performance of Floyd.

I give "Live at Pompeii" Two Thumbs Up

--------------------

+Quote Post
snow
post Wed 18 Aug 2004, 09:30
Post #7

Rookie

Member No.: 32,771

the dvd edition on pink floyd's "live at pompeii", had been out for a while now. i got mine a few months back. its practically a new version, a director's cut, if you will, of the original film. this cut, is...em...new. although it has a bit of cool little bits of interviews inside, it is pretty bad. especially if you know the original well.
after years of VHS, it was is amazing to see this film for the first time in a clear and clean picture and great sound on dvd.
...and there was much rejoicment...

--------------------
have a good one
snow

setup: dual 2.7 G5 OSX 10.4.2 Logic express

+Quote Post
geekusa
post Thu 26 Aug 2004, 20:40
Post #8

Member No.: 32,215

yeah ive had live at pompeii for over 8 months now.... the first time i saw it i was over at a friends house who happened to have the original VHS. having seen that, i am REALLY DAMN GLAD that they included it on the directors cut. i would have been quite pissed if i payed $20 for the crappy remake that somehow passes as the "directors cut."

in my opinion, the best pink floyd products are the originals. every new-fangled reissue of a pink floyd recording is nothing more than a marketing campaign...

a bands album (or video..) could be described as a snapshot of sorts. its incases exactally how they were at that point in time. when the original product is tampered with decades later, many of its unique qualities are lost. i think anyone whos heard the dark side of the moon on vinyl would agree with me... its AMPLIFIED VIBRATIONS. if you were sitting in the studio with them durring the recording sessions, amplified vibrations would have been exactally what you were hearing. it doesnt get more genuine than that!

...and here endith thy preaching...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 17:43
- © PcMusic 1997-2007