MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Digidesign Pro Tools LE 7.4, articles
_Articles_
post Mon 3 Mar 2008, 18:17
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Digidesign Pro Tools LE 7.4
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Noiz
post Mon 3 Mar 2008, 18:17
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 196

A few factual corrections. HD does not have unlimited tracks. It tops out at something like 256, but that is not very significant because unlike Le HD\'s limit is with \"voices\". HD can on most systems use 96 voices and a voice is a mono sound track (stereo uses two voices). So that translates to 48 stereo tracks or 96 mono tracks. You can get around this somewhat by manually allocating voices in such a way that tracks that never play sounds at the same time share a voice. But that is a bit of a pain so for all practical purposes 96 mono or 48 stereo tracks is it. If most your work is with stereo files your actually getting about the same track count as an HD system with Le, if you have one of the add ons.

Second HD does not support HDTM. That was a plugin format that came and went a few generations ago. I don\'t even think it was supported in 7.2 but I may be wrong on that.

And I know this review was done on a PC but it should be noted that Le on a Mac has supported video out the Firewire port for quite some time. So with Le on a Mac video work does not require a Digi Mojo. At the cost of a Mojo you could get a nice Mac and Firewire DV converter and use them as your dedicated ProTools machine and still have some money left over.

Minor quibbles with a very good review.

This post has been edited by Noiz: Mon 3 Mar 2008, 18:21

--------------------
sk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 16:36
- © PcMusic 1997-2007