MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> How Much To Charge? That Is The Question...
uvbnskoold
post Sat 20 May 2006, 04:54
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,332

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone can help out... I've been doing music for videos for a while now... but now that I've got experience under my belt and people like my work, I'm getting requests for quotes.

Now, I don't know what the "standard" rate is... I know that things can be more expensive or less expensive based on certain circumstances, but can anyone shed some light on what the standard rate for music is?

Take corporate videos for example... something I've gotten into. What is a good rate to charge? And to you do it based on the whole or on a per min/music basis?

And films for example... what is the standard there?

Any help would me MOST appreciated.

Uvee.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
uvbnskoold
post Sat 27 May 2006, 04:26
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,332

Thanks for your help, guys.

I do realized I need to find out what the client/director/producer's want how long it will take and how much my time is worth to me... my only fear was that I'd scare too many people off. I'd hear random things like... charge $100 US per min of music and stuff like that. I'd also heard that for a 30 sec commercial composers make anywhere from $200-$800. So I was kinda at a loss.

I know that with negotiating you want to start high too. Just not so high as to scare people away... but I know what I'm worth. I think I'll take your advice (Mac-Dee) and scout around to see what others are charging. I was going to do it... but I don't like being dishonest... but hey, it's just research. smile.gif

Thanks for your help, both of you!

Uvee.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 14:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008