MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mac To Pc Ext Hd
cjac9
post Tue 25 Apr 2006, 05:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,592

Hey I've been working with some guys that have a PC based studio and I am using a powerbook. I like to do preproduction on my mac and then i would like to be able to load all my session files, audio files, etc. on my lacie external hd but the pc cant open it. I could get media four's mac drive and install it on the pc but I dont really feel like buying that just for their computer cause that doesnt solve my problem for in the future. What can i do so that i can use my drive with pcs and macs in the future as well?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SupaSandeep
post Tue 25 Apr 2006, 08:53
Post #2

Member No.: 46,384

if u format the drive as FAT32 it will be cross platform, but when I did it was HELL!! i would not reccommend it, buyin MacDrive was a gift from god, I would recommend it as the best option i've come acorss

+Quote Post
analog
post Fri 14 Dec 2007, 11:00
Post #3

Member No.: 53,650

You can try a program called SharePoints. It enables you to share any firewire drive connected to your Mac. So basically you take your MacBook & external to the studio, connect to their pc based system via ethernet and add your mac network connection via the pc! Good Luck if you have any questions send me a email.

[edit LPM: please NO plain email in forums, it's giving it freely to spammers, we're googlable, hence spambotable. Use the SAFE link on each member's card, next to the post on the left]
www.myspace.com/analoghdesc

Peace

analog

This post has been edited by lepetitmartien: Tue 18 Dec 2007, 07:12

--------------------
analoghdesc

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 18 Dec 2007, 07:16
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

I strongly advise you not to WORK on a PC formatted drive from the mac, now, to transfert files it'll be ok provided you use either macdrive, or, for NTFS : MacFuse from Googlecode (it's free)

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 00:10
- © MacMusic 1997-2008