MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Solution To Interface Challenge
evolution
post Mon 14 Feb 2011, 14:17
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,028

Hi!

I have a TLAudio 5052 going into a motu 828mk11 . I've had feedback that the sound could be better and I've read that the motu is not considered the best sound due to poor pre-amps. I'm assuming that doesnt matter to me as I'm using the preamps in the 5052.

Questions

1) Is the 5052 pre amp good enough to not worry about the motu pre amps?
2) What do people think about the 5052 sound
3) If I need to replace the motu, what would be the best solution? I need multiple inputs (8 max)

Thanks!

A
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kayj_prod
post Tue 15 Feb 2011, 12:23
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 99,001

QUOTE (evolution @ Mon 14 Feb 2011, 15:17) *
Hi!

I have a TLAudio 5052 going into a motu 828mk11 . I've had feedback that the sound could be better and I've read that the motu is not considered the best sound due to poor pre-amps. I'm assuming that doesnt matter to me as I'm using the preamps in the 5052.

Questions

1) Is the 5052 pre amp good enough to not worry about the motu pre amps?
2) What do people think about the 5052 sound
3) If I need to replace the motu, what would be the best solution? I need multiple inputs (8 max)

Thanks!

A

I use quite a bit of TLA valve gear and I really like the sound of the pres. Not exactly transparent, but I find they colour the sound in a nice way. The 5052 is really well spec'd so you should be able to get a great sound on it presuming your sources are equally good! If you have the digital I/O upgrade you can bypass the analogue circuitry on your MOTU completely.

The MOTU pres are OK, but for the money you pay for lower end MOTU stuff they're never going to be the best. I think a lot depends on what sources you're putting through them.

As for the last question, budget is everything! I usually opt to put my most important sources through my best pres and have fewer of them.

+Quote Post
zoers
post Sun 8 Sep 2013, 06:49
Post #3

Member No.: 123,173

"Silver Bells, Silver Bells, its Christmas time in the city" would ring throughout the house. One of Dad's favorite hymns was "The Old Rugged Cross". We learned the words to the hymn when we were very young, and would sing it with Dad when he would play and sing.
----------------------------------
Cheap Runescape 3 Gold and cheapest wow gold

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:42
- © MacMusic 1997-2008