MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amp For Multiple Instruments?
musico2007
post Wed 11 Jun 2008, 15:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 90,147

hi i'm fairly new here but i got a question...i'm trying to get an amp that will work good for both my guitar and synthesizer, i have a nord lead 2x and a semi-hollow body guitar. I think my synthesizer mest up my current amp which is a 30 watt Crate amp...i've heard that playing sum low notes on a keyboard/synth can mess up sum amps because of the low frequencies...is that true?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 12 Jun 2008, 05:28
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

I'm investigating, the only one I knew of (Moog) is discontinued… (for synths)

Maybe in the DIY galaxy…

I have no opinion on this low frequencies/amp issues, let's investigate. ^^

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
musico2007
post Fri 13 Jun 2008, 15:59
Post #3

well i found this on ebay heh.... Moog TB-15

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Fri 13 Jun 2008, 21:04
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

I know that there are several keyboardists who have been known to run their keyboards thru guitar amps to create a distinctive sound. Jon Lord (Deep Purple) did it regularly and I have heard that Depeche Mode have been known to do it during recording.....what I don't know is if they used something akin to a "reamp" style box to convert the signal or not. You definitely need to do it if you run a signal from your computer interface's output (or analog tape deck) to a guitar amplifier....you can screw up your equipment very badly if you don't. That is about all I know on the subject.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

+Quote Post
HaraldSchneller
post Sat 14 Jun 2008, 09:50
Post #5

Member No.: 101,708

" I know that there are several keyboardists who have been known to run their keyboards thru guitar amps "

Let me try to answer that from a guitarist point of view:
An electric guitar pickup delivers a low-impedance electrictal signal you will have to amplify a lot to stick out.

A keyboard sound, on the other hand, most always uses some preamplification like in a Rhodes (Transistor),
or a Hammond (Tubes).
Run an analogue synth like an ARP, or it's digital emulation through a tube powered guitar amp, or them emulation,
well, you will end up for the moment at Miami Vice theme by Jan Hammer or the whole story in his "Escape From Television"

P.S: Make sure you always use a limiter before the digital siglnal goes the the amp, it might start burning

+Quote Post
musico2007
post Sun 15 Jun 2008, 02:03
Post #6

ok thx for the responses...now how about if i do it the other way around and use a keyboard/bass amp with a guitar?? will i get the same results? i'm really just looking to get a new amp to practice on and listen to my synth and guitar on that will give me a decent sound for both of them cus my old amp's speaker is kinda mest up i believe and i don't feel like changing the speaker...i'd rather just get a new amp

+Quote Post
HaraldSchneller
post Sun 15 Jun 2008, 05:45
Post #7

Member No.: 101,708

now how about if i do it the other way around and use a keyboard/bass amp with a guitar?

The Fender Bassman has been used on hit records for centuries and the Marshall Plexi is the Bassman with Siemens EL 34 tubes. As with a keyboard amp it depends on the desired sound, i.e. your EQ settings. A broken speaker can be rebuildt by the cost of a fracture of a new one. Check out BOSE L1

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 13:29
- © MacMusic 1997-2008