MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Built In Audio Card
Jim Hoyland
post Wed 13 Dec 2006, 13:30
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 81,499

Has anybody noticed that QuickTime now has support for 64bit audio? Whats this going to mean in the long run? My mind is boggling as I sit here typing.

One of our G5 Quads (mainly FCP) at work is hooked up to a VideoLogic Sirocco Pro system with built-in DAC and as long as you don't try anything stupid (like running QT at 48khz, iTunes at 44.1khz at the same time) it works like a charm.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Philosorhymes
post Tue 19 Jun 2007, 13:56
Post #12

Member No.: 83,208

This is great news (about using in-built audio) If I understand correctly, this means that the 'Core Audio' driver helps deal with latency. It is to MAC what ASIO is to PC right?

Does this mean that I can use Kontakt & Komplete on the mac right out of the box then?

Many Thanks again.

+Quote Post
ben s.
post Tue 4 Sep 2007, 16:04
Post #13

Member No.: 94,542

Yes, it's great to have CoreAudio as the built-in API for OS X. It has low latency and multiple channels. The built-in soundcard (and most externals) run at 512 frames per buffer.

Where does QuickTime say it's 64-bit? That probably means it's a built as a 64-bit library, not processing 64-bit samples.

--
PROGRESSION: Music Software for Guitar

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 08:06
- © MacMusic 1997-2008