MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> X0xb0x?, Best TB303 emulator?
CatloveX
post Tue 25 Apr 2006, 00:07
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,956

Hi,

I'm wondering, which is the best actual hardware TB303 emulator: X0xb0x? Future Retro Revolution? Studio Electronics ATC? Oakley 3031?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

This post has been edited by CatloveX: Tue 25 Apr 2006, 00:09
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 28 Apr 2006, 03:56
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

XoBoX is a recreation of the 303. I don't think you can be more faithful.
Revolution is another thing altogether not a 303 clone, never touched one but the 777 they did before.
the ATC is way way more versatile and a "real" monosynth.
The Oakley 3031 is a monosynth based on the 303.

If you want a limited groovebox, inspired by but not the 303, I'd try the revolution.
If you want the 303 recreated, go XoBoX.
if you want a synth sounding like the 303 (closely) but not the sequencer, go Oakley. Paul makes great stuff.
If you want a real monosynth, go ATCx. It's a really great synth altogether way more capable than a 303 (which is a very bad synth in fact, just don't tell the aficionados wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Analog Kid
post Sun 30 Jul 2006, 20:13
Post #3

Member No.: 58,794

Actually, the Revolution can get fairly close, although I haven't had the luxury to A/B them directly. Admittedly, though, if I could trade my Rev for a Devil Fish I'd jump at the chance.
Although it may be blasphemous to say, AudioRealism's BassLine Pro is something you should really check out... even if in the final analysis it's short of analog, it really is one of the nicest analog emulations in software.

+Quote Post
LaMort
post Tue 13 Mar 2007, 02:49
Post #4

Member No.: 89,315

You want blasphemous, being a former TB303 owner, nothing beats Propellerheads ReBirth software, nothing.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 13 Mar 2007, 04:20
Post #5

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

regardless to the qualities of the Revolution (haven't touch one yet so…) I happened to learn tonight that the lithium battery which is soldered, has a life expectancy of about a year… So guys, save your patterns regularly outside the Revolution and when it goes haywire, spend a few bucks into a battery holder for less headaches… (be careful while desoldering the Lithium battery, don't heat it, use protections for the eyes)

On a technical issue, the Rebirth software is sample based (wave forms) for me it's a big no-no.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
LaMort
post Fri 16 Mar 2007, 03:06
Post #6

Member No.: 89,315

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Mon 12 Mar 2007, 23:20) *
On a technical issue, the Rebirth software is sample based (wave forms) for me it's a big no-no.

Actually only the 909 and 808 on Rebirth is sample-based, the 303 is digital modeled not sample-based, it was one of the first modeled synths! The topic here is 303 emulation not the 808/909 emulation and the best thing about ReBirth now, is it's FREEware!

Here is a quote for reference from the Propellerhead site:
"Having borrowed a TB-303 from a friend for analysis, the Propellerheads began developing its software equivalent. Pelle Jubel's expertise in analog circuits and digital signal processing was invaluable in deconstructing the 303. Rather than relying on digital recordings of 303 sounds, analog modeling "samples the circuitry" as a mathematical formula to simulate the synthesizer sound. Following the decision to emulate the 303, the TR-808 was the logical compliment, but unlike the bass line synthesizers, the drum machine was sample based."

This post has been edited by LaMort: Fri 16 Mar 2007, 03:08

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 16 Mar 2007, 04:56
Post #7

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

I didn't know that thing for the 303 part, thanks for correcting me. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Teraz Ja
post Tue 31 Jul 2007, 14:50
Post #8

Member No.: 93,419

You may want to check this out:
http://www.acidvoice.com/

And if you need something cheap, there is also the mam mb-33 (around 100$ on ebay)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:07
- © MacMusic 1997-2008