MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Voice Over Preamp, Home studio pre amp
dagmur
post Thu 5 Jan 2006, 18:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,272

I have started doing voice overs and I am very new to the industry and recording. I have started my set-up with a MBOX2, ProTools LE 7, and a AKG 451 mic. (The MBOX was a recommendation)

Everything works well but I'm not getting the depth to my voice that we get when recording in a commercial studio. Granted, the caliber of the equipment in the commercial studio is far superior to my small set-up (except for the mic, it is the same). Someone told me I should try a quality preamp between the mic and the MBOX.

The good news is that this is strictly for voice over, I don't have to worry about singing vocals or musical instruments.

Does anyone have any suggestions or preamp recommendations?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franck Pasquotti
post Thu 5 Jan 2006, 20:46
Post #2

Member No.: 15,356

hye dagmur,

If i can give you an advice, it's to buy a good little preamp (stereo if it's posssible) with converters include because the LE hardware is definitly not the same as tdm. Let's look at apogee mini pre without usb option.
keep me posted
franck

--------------------
www.vfp-studio.com

mixage et mastering on-line tarifs indie

+Quote Post
dagmur
post Thu 5 Jan 2006, 21:16
Post #3

Member No.: 40,272

What is tdm?

+Quote Post
earworm
post Mon 30 Jan 2006, 00:21
Post #4

Member No.: 66,429

the Symetrix 528 is a well known preamp for music- and broadcast studios;,
it has a preamp with phantom, a de.esser, compressor and parametric eq,
it has a real powerful sound, you can get those typical fat and deep sounding radio commercial sounds from it when you push the settings,
it can get a bit agressive if you push it hard, but everything i've ever tracked with it cuts trough the mix like a knife trough butter
biggrin.gif

there are millions of choises but i compared this one with several other channel strips and preamps and like it,
you should be able to find one (second hand) for around €300

+Quote Post
hallic
post Mon 30 Apr 2007, 10:11
Post #5

Member No.: 90,671

QUOTE (dagmur @ Thu 5 Jan 2006, 18:02) *
I have started doing voice overs and I am very new to the industry and recording. I have started my set-up with a MBOX2, ProTools LE 7, and a AKG 451 mic. (The MBOX was a recommendation)

Everything works well but I'm not getting the depth to my voice that we get when recording in a commercial studio. Granted, the caliber of the equipment in the commercial studio is far superior to my small set-up (except for the mic, it is the same). Someone told me I should try a quality preamp between the mic and the MBOX.

The good news is that this is strictly for voice over, I don't have to worry about singing vocals or musical instruments.

Does anyone have any suggestions or preamp recommendations?

hi ....best PRe-amp.....fore home edit it: FOCUSrite(it not low-price pre-amp),but exellent part before your SOUNd card(router to PC).....another way,it to fill with COMPRESSORs, vst plug it enogh

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 1 May 2007, 17:32
Post #6

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

QUOTE (dagmur @ jeu 5 jan 2006, 22:16) *
What is tdm?
It is the DSP driven system of Digidesign. it's latest incarnation has a different name: HD

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 21:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008