MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Learn Music And Earn
danialvettori
post Tue 10 Mar 2009, 05:25
Post #1

Group: Banned
Member No.: 105,760

Hi, to all out there
A drummer by profession, I am seeking some guidance in further developing my career. I have established myself well enough as a drummer and earn enough to fend for myself and pay my bills. What I need is some kind of publicity on the internet, wherein I can promote myself and get hired by other musician as well. How do I get to the next level? How do I go about this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deaconblue
post Tue 10 Mar 2009, 06:30
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,156

QUOTE (danialvettori @ Mon 9 Mar 2009, 22:25) *
Hi, to all out there
A drummer by profession, I am seeking some guidance in further developing my career. I have established myself well enough as a drummer and earn enough to fend for myself and pay my bills. What I need is some kind of publicity on the internet, wherein I can promote myself and get hired by other musician as well. How do I get to the next level? How do I go about this?

Hey danialvettori,

MySpace (make sure to sign up as a musician) and FaceBook immediately come to mind. The PodSafe Network if you have music ready to go. This forum would be a start as well.

What are you wanting to do? More of an idea of where you want to go will allow for better directions to get there.

Best of luck!

peace.

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 10 Mar 2009, 13:43
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Same as deacon, plus I'll add: be it here or elsewhere, fill up your profile (we have a professional listing here see the yellow pages entry in your my controls>my profile information) with the data you need advertised (but no more! it is public if you chose to do so), in forums, have a short informative signature like "professional drummer, available for sessions, stage, weddings in LA and Vladivostok etc." you get the idea smile.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
altermineJ
post Thu 12 Mar 2009, 05:49
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 107,139

Steve Nixon career mentoring is the answer to your question. Steve Nixon is a well known music mentor and a famous musician in his own right. He has tips and advices of all sorts to help out aspiring pro musicians on this website. I recommend you drop Steve a line. I studied with him for 2 years and it really helped me!
Reason for edit: link

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 12 Mar 2009, 16:05
Post #5

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Note that the above link is for a paid service. I don't know its value, but I'd be cautious… I'm sure the 100000$ a year he boasts as his comes mainly from the course… wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 16:17
- © MacMusic 1997-2008