MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Us-122 Not Compatible W/ Tiger?, US122 not functioning after upgrade
peteDOGG
post Wed 13 Jul 2005, 13:25
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,649

it is a 700mhz G4 Emac and the us-122 worked fine with panther before. The PC is ex-display model and came out before there was a standard DVD drive i.e. it only has a CD drive. This doesn't mean the machine came out before DVD drives ever did but only before Apple decided to put them in Emacs. It is a first-wave emac basically, not as old as your mac but may well be suffering from old drivers.
interesting eh?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
peteDOGG
post Wed 13 Jul 2005, 13:26
Post #12

Member No.: 67,649

it is a 700mhz G4 Emac and the us-122 worked fine with panther before. The PC is ex-display model and came out before there was a standard DVD drive i.e. it only has a CD drive. This doesn't mean the machine came out before DVD drives ever did but only before Apple decided to put them in Emacs. It is a first-wave emac basically, not as old as your mac but may well be suffering from old drivers.
interesting eh?

+Quote Post
fastlanephil
post Fri 29 Jul 2005, 02:45
Post #13

Member No.: 10,225

My US-122 works with Tiger. Did you disconnect all USB and FW cables before upgrading? If not, this can cause problems with drivers.

+Quote Post
eheilner
post Fri 29 Jul 2005, 02:58
Post #14

Member No.: 35,208

Yes, I disconnected all cables before upgrading to Tiger, and all cables were disconnected while upgrading the US-122 software.

+Quote Post
eheilner
post Fri 29 Jul 2005, 02:59
Post #15

Yes, I disconnected all cables before upgrading to Tiger, and all cables were disconnected while upgrading the US-122 software.

+Quote Post
fremitus
post Fri 12 Aug 2005, 21:59
Post #16

Member No.: 68,699

This is not quite the same issue. But I am using a G4 1.67 powerbook. Worked fine under Panther. Upgraded to Tiger. No go. RE-Installed the drivers. USB lit up, but no sound got to the 'puter. After messing around for a bit. This seemingly did the trick...

Make sure that the phantom is switched off when you plug the US-122 into the 'puter. Then I switched it on, only after verifying that the unit was sending sound.

May not be of much help. But it worked for me.

+Quote Post
socatevoli
post Thu 25 Aug 2005, 04:37
Post #17

Member No.: 67,796

I've been dealing with this bullshit for months tascam's upgraded driver that claims to work with 10.2.6 and up didnt do shit im starting to get so pissed that i paid 200 dollars for this and there's nothing i can do with it. i've tried making the us-122 both output and input, nothing i've fucked around with usb cables and phantom switche's,nothing. my powerbook came with tiger so its not like i can go back to panther or anything, wish i had an answer.....

+Quote Post
hahaworld
post Fri 26 Aug 2005, 06:10
Post #18

Member No.: 41,728

Dear Socatevoli,

I think I speak for the bulk of the users on this site when I respectfully ask you to refrain from profanity when posting to this forum. This is not a Jr. High study hall, and I think you would be hard-pressed to find many people on this site who would not be just as willing to help you out without having to wade through your four-letter words. I'm sure there are impressionable, talented kids who are using this site, and it is extremely irresponsible for you to rant in this fashion. Rant away, my friend, but do it with a vocabulary that reveals your intelligence. You'll go a lot farther and get much closer to resolving your issues.

By the way, I had the same problem with the Tascam unit, and it now sits in my closet collecting dust. It became a good tax write-off, but that's about it. Now it's just an expensive piece of plastic in my closet.

Sorry about the sermon, but I have a 9-year-old nephew and a 3-year-old niece. I'm kinda sensitive to the language thing.

+Quote Post
socatevoli
post Fri 26 Aug 2005, 07:41
Post #19

Member No.: 67,796

dont let them read it and it wont hurt them there only words smile.gif....anyway......after pissing around with it for a few hours last night it kinda dawned on me that i was using a multiport usb station....so....i just plugged the tascam right into my powerbook and woollaa....stupid easy solutions always work somehow

+Quote Post
eheilner
post Sat 27 Aug 2005, 20:36
Post #20

Just to wrap up my tale of woe here. First, thanks to everyone who responded with suggestions, unfortunately nothing has worked for me. I have un-installed and re-installed the driver software so many times now that I could do it in my sleep. I called Tascam support 3 times with no luck. Finally, in despiration I sent this e-mail to both Tascam Customer Support and Tascam Public Relations:

Dear Tascam,

I have been a long time customer of your products.  About a year and a half  ago I purchased your US-122 interface; the unit was working fine until  I upgraded my computer to the latest Mac OS 10.4 (AKA Tiger).  Since that time my unit has ceased to work.  This is not a problem with my machine, as I replicated this behavior on 2 other computers. 

I have made 3 separate long distance calls to your Operational Support center;  while I have received a sympathetic ear, my unit is still not functional.  Please note that I am not alone in having this problem, other US-122 owners have also reported the same problem.  I have reported on this issue to several internet user groups.  For example, you may check out this discussion on the Mac Music web site:

http://www.macmusic.org/agora/forums/?act=...=21338&lang=EN&

If I do not receive a reply from this e-mail or some other acknowledgement, I will regretfully have to assume that Tascam is no longer interested in doing business with me.  I will report the results of this discussion back to the various users I have been corresponding with.  The end result of your failure to assist me will be that any time a person googles for US-122, there will be a number of responses reporting my problem.

That e-mail was sent out July 28th, needless to say I have not gotten a response.

So I have given up and am now trying out an M-Audio 410. Maybe I will have better luck this time around....

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 21 May 2024, 22:56
- © MacMusic 1997-2008