MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dp 3.22/iac Bus With Noise/crash, Using NI B4 or Reason with DP crashes
rickenbacker
post Mon 22 Dec 2003, 15:29
Post #11

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,705

Wow, you sure jumped in off the deep end with MetaSynth. Not an easy app to get to grips with for a total newb, but pretty good from what I read. blink.gif

Anyway, isn't it OS 9 only at present? I believe there's an OS X native version due very soon - or is it out already? You can't make music in Classic mode, really. It should be pure OS 9 or OS X.

If you are running Meta in Classic, that might be the cause of some of your problems. Classic is kind of a no-man's land for many apps, especially music. I know apps like CellSynth work in Classic, but it's much better to work in a "dedicated" system, ie 10.2.6 or 9.2.2 or whatever. Classic was put there by Apple as a transitional option to migrate folk over to OS X, really, not to provide a rock-solid environment for all OS 9 apps. Dreamweaver works fine, for instance, but anything like Logic 4.8, Cubase 5 or Pro Tools LE, forget it.

Check out an OS X update for MetaSynth - there is a special feature on using it in MacUser (UK) in the current issue, which mentions an imminent OS X version. The primary, golden shining benefit of abandoning OS 9/Classic and moving to Panther full-time is that CoreMidi is integrated into OS X, so everything works much better. Well, it does for me, at any rate. cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 13:28
- © MacMusic 1997-2008