MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need Help, Just Starting Out
ewanglee
post Sun 12 Oct 2003, 00:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,562

Help???!!!
I'm just starting out in the world of music. A friend of mine gave me a Roland XP-10 Multi Timbral Synthesizer back in 2000. He gave it to me because he wanted to inspire me. He has since moved and I can't find him. I never had the time to set my little "studio" up. Now I have a chance to do so but have no clue where to start.
I have a mac G4 laptop 400mhz 256mb.
The Roland
AMidiman Midisport USB

How do I record music? How do I create sounds with the synthesizer? Is there a software program I should have?

I would appreciate any advice.
ewanglee
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jasonmaass
post Sun 12 Oct 2003, 06:39
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,831

Hey man wassup?? Well if you want to record some music with your computer i would definitally say that you have to have some sort of program(sotware) to do so. Some programs I recommend would be pro tools (of coarse),Cubase, reason, or acid. In your post you said you had a synthesizer An easy start would be, to plug the outputs of your "synths" into the computer and record them as a regular audio file, wich in this case i would highly recommend pro tools for this sort of thing. But if you have midi ports on your synth i might recommend using the program reason mostly because it has built in sound modules that you can controll with your Roland synth wich in this application is being used as a midi keyboard controller .....well i hope this helps......and like i always say " i apologize if i told you something you already know."
later
--jay--

This post has been edited by jasonmaass: Sun 12 Oct 2003, 06:46
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 19 Oct 2024, 23:17
- © MacMusic 1997-2008