MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please Help Desperate Newbie To Set Up!, Cubasis aint receiving Midi data
rooneymac
post Mon 1 Sep 2003, 08:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,951

Hello All, I'd be really grateful for any help to get me started after a frustrating weekend!

My equipment is Mac G4 (400 512mb RAM), Cubasis 2.0, Korg X5D, MOTO Fastlane USB Midi connector.

I've followed the installation order as per the cubasis manual - installed cubasis, then OMS. Then I installed the freemidi software from the Fastlane CD, then ran OMS set up.

I did this all by booting up in OS 9, as I expect OS X would cause extra problems (file sharing turned off).

All the cables are plugged in correctly (In to Out etc), and I have set the Korg settings as per the manual (set to MIDI, and bandwidth 31.25, Local off etc).

Cubasis asks you to test to see if you are receiving MIDI by pressing the keyboard. When I do this the indicators don't move - it's not receiving a signal. I also have noted that the Fastlane has some green and red lights, and they don't light up at all.

I've no idea where to go from here - the OMS set up shows the fastlane and two connectors to it (shown by two icons of a keyboard with a question mark on it).

I thought it could be the following:

a. I haven't installed a driver for the Korg _ I note there is one on the website - do I need to do this?

b. Did I do something wrong during the Freemidi installation? - at the prompt when it detects OMS it asks whether I want to use OMS or Freemidi - I selected OMS (therefore the Freemidi drivers goe into the OMS file? - should I have selected Free midi as the principal Midi option?)

I also only did a custom installation on Free Midi selecting just the USB Fastlane driver (the manual seemed to indicate this) should I have installed everything? - there were other drivers which I presumed are for other systems.

c. There's a button on the fastlane under thru - I've pushed it in and out - no difference though.

and that's all I know. I'm really really slow with computers and I've saved up for 10 years to get this equipment. If anyone can help I'd be really grateful and send you my first demo CD! (please don't let that put you off! )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rooneymac
post Wed 3 Sep 2003, 07:40
Post #2

Member No.: 23,951

Stop worrying everyone! I sussed it!

It appears I set everything up correctly. I just have to make sure that the keyboard is on before turning the computer on - I expect this is to do with how the fastlane works. Strikes me as a little strange but what the hell.

I have also encountered a few other little problems but appear to be solving them so far!

+Quote Post
Synthetic
post Wed 3 Sep 2003, 15:52
Post #3

Maniac Member

Member No.: 1,082

I could be wrong but not sure you want OMS and Freemidi running at same time. That could cause some midi routing problems because essentially they do the same thing. So if you have any midi problems... you might want to consider this wink.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 20 Oct 2024, 00:38
- © MacMusic 1997-2008