MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Audio Interfaces And Real-time Processing, advice and clarifications needed...
axou
post Sat 16 Aug 2003, 00:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,048

Hi all !

I currently own a Roland SC-D70, which basically is a USB MIDI sound module, that also hosts a mic/guitar input. To achieve real time audio processing (mainly on guitar signals), I plug the output of the module to my Tibook, and apply effects on the Input 1-2 object in Logic. The processed sound comes out of the Tibook. The sound module comes with ASIO drivers, but unfortunately they're not really good, and I have to use SoundManager for the processing stuff.

Anyway, I'm now looking for a better audio interface that could handle multiple inputs, all processed separately using VST effects on Logic, with separate outputs as well. What I don't really understand (being a newbie and all) is : when using ASIO drivers and applying effects on the interface inputs, does the performance and latency depend on the interface specs, or on the CPU power only ?

Could you give me some advice on what to buy ? I read here a lot about the 828mkII, but it's really expensive here in France...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 1 Jun 2024, 20:35
- © MacMusic 1997-2008