MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motu 828, sends question
drolpsn
post Sun 27 Jul 2003, 22:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,811

In the Motu 828, are the 2 sends actually inserts? The description on the overview (on motu's webpage) seems to suggest this but they are still labeled "sends". Can someone who has one please definitively set this straight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DigitMus
post Wed 30 Jul 2003, 05:36
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 658

You must be referring to the 828 MKII, because my 828 has neither sends nor inserts. Or are you talking about the CueMix monitor sends (which are just what they say they are)?

Scott

+Quote Post
post Wed 30 Jul 2003, 07:37
Post #3

Group:
Member No.: 0

Hi

I haven´t received my 828mkII yet, but if you look at the overview on MOTUs page and read the text, it mentions that you could use any of the inputs as returns. Using separate returns refers to that the sends are sends, not just inserts, although the term "insert" is mentioned there (probably just t indicate that you can add outboard gear in to the signal chain.

The sends should also allow you to skip the A/D - D/A -conversion and use the unit as a mic/guitar 2-channel preamp.

hope this helps

+Quote Post
drolpsn
post Wed 30 Jul 2003, 23:49
Post #4

Member No.: 21,811

Yes, thank you for the replies. I suspected as much but just needed some clarification. I tend to confuse myself sometimes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 20 Oct 2024, 13:33
- © MacMusic 1997-2008