MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marshall Mg Series Amps, Practise and stage combo
James1966
post Sun 4 May 2003, 09:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,131

Does anyone have thoughts on the new Marshall MG15CD studio amps? these appear to be adding digital EFX like chorus, reverb, delay and flange... and have inputs for CD players???
One even says CDR-does it handle burning to a MAC?(say what??) that said-Marshall amps I've owned in the past never let me down. And what do they mean by emulated headphones out? biggrin.gif [B]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saurabh Sethi
post Sat 17 May 2003, 16:50
Post #2

Member No.: 17,894

I had one of those MG15 CD amps.. I wouldn't call it a studio amp.. The Cd input is there so you can play along with your favorite tunes and sound like your part of the band.. It is a amp for beginners.. It is a good amp for $130 , but it not something meant for actual studio recording.. Unless the studio consist of an old 4track and $40 mics..

--------------------
Saurabh Sethi

+Quote Post
Quindo
post Mon 29 Dec 2003, 19:10
Post #3

Member No.: 13,978

We have a couple of MG15CDs at school, and have found them to be excellent amps.
The R of MG12CDR stands for reverb, ours dont have it so I cant comment.
We also have an MG30DFX which has great digital effects that appear to be the same as those on the 15 watt version.
The amps are good all rounders, the 'emulated' on the outputs means that headphones etc plugged into them will sound just like amp does normally. This has the bonus of being able to record from them into a Mac or four track at line level without the aid of microphones, preamps etc. I'd reccomend the MG series for most things.

+Quote Post
Chizit
post Sat 31 Jan 2004, 21:34
Post #4

Member No.: 34,190

biggrin.gif I agree Quinda but i would say that the older G series 15 watt with twin gain pots and spring reverb was a better sounding amp.

Our lad still uses his at the local studio now and again even though his main combo is a DSL 401.

I really rate those cheap Marshalls. You should get an2/3 year old G15 cd for £ 40 UK or so.

Best of luck and have fun.

Chiz

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 09:15
- © 440 Forums 2011