MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Making Music, how do you do it?
tacoboy
post Fri 18 Apr 2003, 17:34
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,653

There seems to be a lot of o topics about the technical side of music production. I'd like to know more about the methods.

What effects has it had on your life and way of thinking?

How did you start out?

How have you progressed and where you would like to see yourself in the future?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Loreman
post Sat 26 Apr 2003, 12:21
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,797

QUOTE (tacoboy @ Apr 18 2003, 16:34)
There seems to be a lot of o topics about the technical side of music production. I'd like to know more about the methods.

What effects has it had on your life and way of thinking?

How did you start out?

How have you progressed and where you would like to see yourself in the future?

Hello Tacoboy smile.gif

Well in terms of an effect on my life it has been minimal really. I'm no pro' just doing this for fun after work and at weekends. I started my project /album in august and I have two more tracks to complete and then I'll be done. Hopefully by June.

I started with a single macG3, Logic and a Roland JV 30. I was at the stage of saving up to buy new synths for various sounds etc, but became aware of soft synths and plug-ins and I have found them to be just perfect to the way I like to work. Then I focused in on a notion, in this case circus music and have been developing the idea since.

In terms of proggression, I've focussed on sound quality. I was using mostly midi for my first couple of tracks, which are fine to a point but ultimately less expreesive so I now just look out for useful softsynths and the latest plug-ins, but not too much as they can just impede your progress, I realise that much can be achieved with little, however my arsenal of equipment has increased since I began I now have a mixer a soundcard a microphone Logic 5, and I started a website to host all the tunes. My understanding of eq-ing and mono/ stereo has grown and is growing.

Where would I like to see myself in the future.... Well I'd like this current project to be considered for library music, and if that happens perhaps develop that further so that I compose primarily for library music concern. I don't really have any notion of releaseing anythig as such, it's not really my style.

Thats about it. Hope its what you wanted.

Cheers

Loreman

--------------------
Current Music Project : The Circus Ringmaster's Many Killers

www.cirqus.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 18 Apr 2024, 04:15
- © 440 Forums 2011