MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cubase Sx And Usb Audio - When?
philipturner
post Fri 7 Mar 2003, 01:32
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,667

Does anyone know when Steinberg is planning to get around to making Cubase SX work properly with USB audio under Mac OS X? (Apparently, to have audio input and output on USB, that means two USB devices (according to the USB specifications) but Cubase SX can only recognise one (for output) and will not recognise USB audio input.)
biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rickenbacker
post Fri 7 Mar 2003, 08:54
Post #2

Maniac Member

Member No.: 4,705

This question has really got you riled up, hasn't it? I've read it about 5 times now tongue.gif

I'll say again what I said in another thread: I don't know if what you say is true - I use Cubase SX all the time with my Edirol UA-700, a USB recording interface. Audio goes in, audio comes out. Two separate I/O options in my System Preferences. I can change one or the other or both. Using Edirol's most recent OS X-specific drivers for the UA-700, I have no problems recording and monitoring via USB on my setup.

+Quote Post
philipturner
post Fri 7 Mar 2003, 11:29
Post #3

Member No.: 13,667

Rickenbacker,

Yes, it's got me riled. laugh.gif I've got this great equipment and this great software that just won't work together.

I think we're both right. What I said about SX not properly supporting the USB protocol came from an Apple engineer that responded to a similar question on another board. (If I can find it again I'll post the link for that). At the same time, some hardware makers have come up with a hack (OK, an updated driver) that allows their USB equipment to appear to SX as a single USB device (for input and output together) - your Edirol interface must be one of those.

Perhaps I'll ask the guys at Event if they can do the same for the EZbus...
biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 18 Jun 2024, 14:30
- © MacMusic 1997-2008