MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oxygen 8and Cubase
mr peas
post Tue 11 Mar 2003, 13:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,150

Hello,

i have just bought an Oxygen 8 midi keyboard controller. It is connected to my mac via USB. on the mac i have cubase running with samples but can't get the one to talk to the other.

Any hints?

Thanks smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rickenbacker
post Wed 12 Mar 2003, 13:01
Post #2

Maniac Member

Member No.: 4,705

Which version of Cubase?

What Mac OS?

Have you set up OMS in OS 9 or Audio/Midi Setup in OS X?

Have you installed the latest Oxygen 8 drivers?

Have you selected the Oxygen 8 in Cubase?

+Quote Post
mr peas
post Wed 12 Mar 2003, 13:31
Post #3

Sorry,

Mac OS 9.2.2, Oms is set up to this. Er it's Cubase 5. Haven't got the latest drivers for the Oxygen 8. Basically Cubase is receiving midi signals but there's no sound. Also I can't get the instruments in cubase assigned to the oxygen 8. Do you know how? How do I select the oxygen 8 in cubase??

Thanks a lot for your help huh.gif

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Wed 12 Mar 2003, 16:47
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

If your oxygen 8 setup has been made AFTER OMS and Cubase, uninstall all and try this oder of installation :

OMS then Oxygen then Cubase

That's the source of 90% of all problems sad.gif

Also, use the last drivers… cool.gif

Have a look on other M-audio/cubase threads, There are in the newbie forum (I've got the idea there are some wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
mr peas
post Wed 12 Mar 2003, 19:52
Post #5

Thanks but i don't think that's the case here. I installed the oxygen 8 then oms then cubase. i've now added absynth. My major problem is getting cubase/absynth to talk to the oxy 8. I need to assign the instruments to it right? Can't see anywhere in Cubase or Absynth where you can do that. Help me I'm drowning!!! sad.gif

+Quote Post
mr peas
post Thu 13 Mar 2003, 10:42
Post #6

Hello to one and all,

I've recently set up an oxygen 8 midi controller to my imacG4, I have cubase vst32 5.0 and absynth demo. I've managed to get cubase and absynth to talk and have assigned absynth to midi channel 2. I've a feeling the next step is to get cubase to talk to the oxygen 8 and this is where it all falls down. The manual on the oxy 8 is so vague and convoluted i can't figure it out. does anyone know a simple step by step to getting the oxy 8 to communicate with cubase and vice versa?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 13 Mar 2003, 12:53
Post #7

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Help that's what we are trying to do.

I can't help out on Cubase, but there are things we see all the time here, the order of install CAN be the problem. Not sure it is, but it CAN.

rolleyes.gif cool.gif

But sure it CAN also be you don't know haow too but on these issue I can't help you as I'm not a Cubase or Absynth user. Sorry sad.gif
Mark, that if a setup in Cubase is not the solution, you'll have to do the reinstall as there's 90% it's the main problem.

And use oxygen 8 latest driver, please wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
rickenbacker
post Thu 13 Mar 2003, 13:41
Post #8

Maniac Member

Member No.: 4,705

I've never used Cubase in OS 9, so I don't know what to tell you either. In SX, I just have my Oxygen 8 connected to my Mac adn it works - sorry to be so smug. cool.gif

To check my Midi connection, I select a Midi track (or create one if I don't have one), then on the far left of the screen the inspector window shows everything about the Midi device I have attached: the In, the Out, the selected Channel etc.

This is all SX, but I don't think Cubase 5 is so different. There's definitely a "Midi Set-up" window floating about under one of the Menu options. Try all of them and see what you learn. It shouldn't be this hard, though. I'd say reinstall again, but LPM has made that point already. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mr peas
post Fri 14 Mar 2003, 15:50
Post #9

Thanks for your help(?) guys. i finally got it sorted last night. i didn't have to reinstall after all.

So thanks again.

i'm sure i'll be back asking for your help again soon.

bye

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 14 Mar 2003, 16:25
Post #10

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

QUOTE (mr peas @ Mar 14 2003, 15:50)
i'm sure i'll be back asking for your help again soon.

EEEErk! blink.gif

laugh.gif cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 30 Apr 2024, 15:29
- © MacMusic 1997-2008