MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just Switched To Mac And Need Of Recommendations, I need recommendations on Soundcards
Kyle
post Tue 18 Feb 2003, 17:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,515

Hey Everybody. I recently switched from my old 800mhz P3 to my brand shining new PowerMac duel 1.25gHz G4. While on my PC I used an Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96 recording system, which gave me 24bit 96kHz audio input, as well as one set of MIDI inputs. Now that I'm on Mac OS X, I've come to find out that Aardvark doesn't currently have OS X drivers, and the drivers they do have for past versions of the OS are only in beta, and have been for some time. This leaves me to find a new interface. I've looked at a few, but want to hear your own recommendations. I'm looking for something in the price range of 350-400 dollars USD with 24bit 96kHz audio. MIDI i/o would also be nice. Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
theactor
post Wed 19 Feb 2003, 08:21
Post #2

Member No.: 11,907

I have two computers and I use two sound cards from Midiman (M-Audio), the Audiophile 2496 and the Delta 1010. Their sound quality is very good, and thy both offer 24/96. M-Audio also provides the right drivers at the right time, namely right away (OSX is very well supported)! I've had no problems whatsoever with the hardware, not on my older G4, nor on my new G4 MDD 1,25. As for costs: I'd suggest you have a look at M-Audio products - http://www.midiman.com - Audiophile 2496 costs about 235 euro's (probably the same in dollars) and offers 2 analog in and out and 2 S/PDIF channels plus midi in and out. There's a Delta 1010 LT version (without the breakout box) which offers 8 analog ins and outs, plus midi and S/PDIF. This one would cost you about 450 dollars. If you don't really need midi incorporated in a PCI card, have a look at the Delta 44 or Delta 66 audio cards, they sell for 295 and 395 dollars.
I think M-Audio products are great value for money. They even provide you with some cool apps like Ableton Live (version 1.5 Delta Edition) for free ... Good luck!

+Quote Post
rickchaff
post Mon 3 Mar 2003, 13:43
Post #3

Member No.: 10,415

Get the Audiophile; you won't be sorry.

I have one and it is flexible, has great sound quality and is stable.

Best Regards,

Rick

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 18 Jun 2024, 14:54
- © MacMusic 1997-2008