MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three Goals And Six Assists. "i Really Enjoy It Right Now That Im Not Always In The Spotlight," Said Baertschi, Who Wants To D
hfy962464
post Wed 8 Aug 2018, 07:47
Post #1

Group: Banned
Member No.: 125,967

Toronto FC forward Jermain Defoe will miss the 2014 MLS All-Star Game with the same injury that kept him out of Saturdays victory over the Montreal Impact. Jonas Valanciunas Jersey . Defoe missed the game with a possible sports hernia, an injury he might have sustained during a midweek game with D.C. United. "Hes been feeling his groin for a few weeks now," said Toronto FC coach Ryan Nelsen after the win over the Impact. "Remember, hes been going for over a year, pushing on. Its just to get these little niggles of your body, being worn down. Hopefully its nothing too bad, nothing too major." Sporting Kansas City forward Dom Dwyer has been selected by All-Star head coach Caleb Porter to replace Defoe for the game against Bayern Munich. The All-Star game can be seen on TSN, Wednesday at 9:30pm et/6:30pm pt. DeMar DeRozan Jersey . - Andrew McCutchen went 4 for 5 and finished a home run short of a cycle, and Jordy Mercer drove in a career-high four runs to lead the Pittsburgh Pirates to an 8-2 rout of the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday. Toronto Raptors Jerseys . Raonic, the mens No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., needed more than three hours to overcome Frenchman Gilles Simon 4-6, 6-3, 2-6, 6-2, 7-5 and become the first Canadian man into the fourth round at Roland Garros. http://www.nbaraptorsonline.com/Authentic-...Raptors-Jersey/ . The three goals bring Messis career tally for Barcelona to 371 in all games -- including friendlies -- breaking the club record of 369 held by Paulino Alcantara since 1927. The 26-year-old Messi was already the clubs all-time leading scorer in official games. Messi assured Barcelonas fans they will enjoy his goals for years to come, saying "as long as people want me, I will stay here.CALGARY - Sean Monahan was just nine years old the last the last time the Calgary Flames won in Anaheim. If the impressive rookie can stay hot when Calgary starts a five-game western road swing there on Wednesday, the surprising Flames may be able to put that dubious distinction to rest. A win in Southern California would be a boost to the Flames (3-0-2). The last time they won in Anaheim was back on Jan. 19, 2004 when the Ducks (4-1-0) were still known as the Mighty Ducks. "I never knew that, so I think that would be cool to get a win there," said Monahan, who scored the game-winning goal in Calgarys last game at home on Friday to propel the Flames to a 3-2 win over the New Jersey Devils. Monahan is currently riding a four-game, goal-scoring streak. The six-foot-two, 185-pound centre leads the Flames with four goals, to go with two assists, and has recorded at least one point in every game he has played. "Im sure you guys realize how mature he is for a guy whos just turned 19 (on Saturday)," said Calgary captain Mark Giordano. "If you watch him play, if you really watch his game, hes such a smart, headsy player. You cant teach what he has. Hes in a great spot all the time and when he gets those chances around the net he finishes, so its been pretty to watch so far." Calgary used the sixth overall selection to choose Monahan in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft last June and the Flames still have the option to send him back to junior with the OHLs Ottawa 67s. Monahans entry level contract will kick in as soon as he plays his 10th game with Calgary, which is slated to take place on Oct. 24 in Dallas against the Stars. Calgary coach Bob Hartley hasnt yet discussed the possibility of assigning Monahan back to the 67s with general manager Jay Feaster or president of hockey operations Brian Burke. "We know how to count to nine, so eventually well have a breakfast or a lunch or a dinner," Hartley said. "Im sure were going to be talking about it." For now, Monahan will just go about his business of turning heads with his play in an effort to stick with the Flames for the rest of the season. "Im going to try and be the same player Ive been and just continue to learn things and build on my game and try and be an everyday pro and let the cards fall where they fall," said Monahan, who is coming off of back-to--back 78-point seasons with the 67s. Bruno Caboclo Jersey. "Im here to do my job and do my part and theyre going to make the decision whenever they want to, so well see what happens." Fellow Flames rookie Sven Baertschi has enjoyed playing on the same line with Monahan and is hoping they can continue to build upon the chemistry they have developed. "We understand each other really well, so it makes it easier to make plays right now," said Baertschi, who has put up a goal and two assists through five games. "For him, the main thing is hes just got to keep going, to keep playing the same way hes playing. In the end, thats the decision somebody else has to make for him. Hes been great here. Hes been outstanding." Baertschi knows what its like to be under the microscope as a highly-touted, first-round pick of the Flames. Calgarys 13th overall selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft started the season with the Flames last year, but was sent down to play in the minors with the AHLs Abbotsford Heat after going scoreless in his first four games. Baertschi was eventually recalled and finished the season on a seven-game point-scoring streak, during which time he had three goals and six assists. "I really enjoy it right now that Im not always in the spotlight," said Baertschi, who wants to do his part to extend Monahans current streak. "He should keep doing that well, so I can just do my thing and relax and make sure hes scores goals and keep him happy." Monahan credited Baertschi with helping him through the process of adapting to life in the NHL. "Obviously were both kind of in the same boat right now and were both working hard to try and play on this team full time," Monahan said. "Svens a good player. We get along. We talk a lot on the ice, off the ice. Right now, were finding each other. I think were only going to get better." Goalie Joey MacDonald, who will start his fifth straight game for Calgary against Anaheim, has enjoyed all the youthful exuberance hes seen with the Flames early in the season. "With the young guys we have here, weve got lots of energy," MacDonald said. "Everybodys excited to get back at it (in Anaheim). Its a tough place to get a win. Weve got a new fresh start here and a great bunch of young guys. Hey, you know what? Were up to the task." Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 11:38
- © 440 Forums 2011