MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It Will Not Be Docked A Pick In This Years Draft For C
hfy962464
post Sat 28 Jul 2018, 03:46
Post #1

Group: Banned
Member No.: 125,967

CALGARY -- While Jeremy Wotherspoons Olympic comeback bid took a major hit on Saturday, several other athletes took a step closer to realizing their dreams. Custom Arizona Cardinals Jerseys . On the first day of the Olympic trials for Canadas long-track speedskating team, Wotherspoon finished sixth in the mens 500 metres. According to Sean Ireland, Speed Skating Canadas long-track program director, that wont be good enough for the four-time Olympian from Red Deer, Alta., to earn a spot to represent Canada at the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. "The top four have a chance of being selected to the Olympic team," Ireland said. Canadas Olympic long-track speedskating team, which will consist of 10 women and eight men for all disciplines, will be announced on Jan. 22. Wotherspoons brother-in-law Jamie Gregg, from Edmonton, finished first in the mens 500 metres with a combined two-race time of 69.15. "The whole year Ive been kind of trying to focus on Sochi, not wanting to take this for granted, but at the same time I wanted to be building through this and up into Sochi," said Gregg. "Were going to go back and train hard after this and hopefully I can do a lot better because Im going to have to do better if I want to do what I want to do in Sochi." Finishing in the second, third and fourth spots respectively were Calgarys Gilmore Junio (69.31 seconds), William Dutton of Humbolt, Sask. (69.38) and Quebec Citys Muncef Ouardi (69.41). Wotherspoon found himself in third spot after the first race before falling out of contention after his second 500 metres around Calgarys Olympic Oval track. "In the first race I was almost the same time as guys who won medals at the world cups in the fall," said Wotherspoon, who still holds the world record of 34.03 seconds set in Salt Lake City in 2007. "I was pretty happy to be that close. That makes it even more disappointing to have the second race that I had." Wotherspoon said he hasnt decided whether hell race in the mens 1,000 metres on Monday or not. "Right now I feel a bit tired and disappointed so I have to refocus for that," said Wotherspoon, while noting that he believes both Gregg and Junio have great shots at winning medals in Sochi. "Jamie and Gilmore for sure have shots at medals in Sochi based on what theyve done so far this year and what I know theyre capable of. It would have been nice to go there with them as a skater." In the womens 500 metres, Christine Nesbitt of London, Ont., finished first with a two-race time of 76.45 seconds. "This definitely makes me feel good about things," said Nesbitt, who will also compete on Monday in the womens 1,000 metres and on Thursday in the 1,500 metres. "Of course, I still have two more distances Id like to qualify in, my best distances, so Ill see how those go." Rounding out the top four were Marsha Hudey of White City, Sask. (76.91 seconds), Calgarys Anastasia Bucsis (76.93) and Red Deers Danielle Wotherspoon-Gregg (77.08), who his Wotherspoons sister and is married to Gregg. Also on Saturday, Winnipegs Brittany Schussler won in the womens 3,000 metres, while Mathieu Giroux of Point-aux-Trembles, Que., finished first in the mens 5,000 metres to virtually earn themselves spots at the Winter Olympics. "I cant wrap my head around it," Schussler said. "Ive been so, so nervous. I knew that that was my spot and that that was my race to win. I cant even believe it -- I cant even comprehend -- that that Im going to Sochi." A member of Canadas gold-medal winning mens pursuit team in Vancouver, Giroux said this was his best race of the season. "The last two months Ive had some back issues that were slowing down my progression," he said. "We fixed a lot of the back problems in the last month. Also, I had troubles with my skates in the straight away to get proper glide, so we fixed the inside of the boots. That helped also." Josh Rosen Jersey .com) - The disappointing Ottawa Senators hope to record consecutive wins for the first time since early November, as they visit the Boston Bruins on Friday for the opener of a home-and-home series. Josh Bynes Jersey . - Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the NFL has told the team it will not be docked a pick in this years draft for coach Mike Tomlins foray onto the field against Baltimore last November. http://www.thecardinalsshoponline.com/ . TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted Monday morning that Callahan - who is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer, is now open to a six-year contract at less than $7 million per season.Every day leading up to the eve of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, TSN.ca will be previewing one of the eight participating groups. Today, the previews continue with Group D featuring Mario Balotelli and Italy, Luis Suarezs Uruguay, Wayne Rooney and England and Costa Rica with Bryan Ruiz. Check back on Friday for Group E. Undefeated in qualifying, Italy breezed its way to the World Cup. But with nine of 19 of the goals scored by Cesare Prandellis Azzurri courtesy of players not going to the World Cup, can Italy count on an attack led by the mercurial Mario Balotelli to bulge the twine in Brazil? Click here for the Italy team preview Injured late into Liverpools season, BPL Player of the Year, Luis Suarez waas still a no-brainer as a selection for Uruguay. Chase Edmonds Jersey. Still, if their superstar forward isnt firing on all cylinders, can the rest of the la Celeste offence pick up the slack? Click here for the Uruguay team preview Coming into Brazil with the lowest expectations for an England side in some time, can Daniel Sturridge, Ross Barkley and the rest of Roy Hodgsons youthful Three Lions find their stride and head back to another knockout round? Click here for the England team preview Heading into the tournament as the consensus bottom-feeder of the group with few household names even to football fans, can Costa Rica play spoiler or even shock the rest of Group D? Click here for the Costa Rica team preview Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 26 Apr 2024, 16:07
- © 440 Forums 2011