MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Audio Procesing Problem On Macbook, Problem with band in a box, trancribe and audio editors
danidipace
post Mon 4 Apr 2011, 00:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 117,358

Hi.

Fist of all sorry about my english. I'm from Argentina.

I've got a Macbook with: Intel Core Duo 1,83 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD. I use a M-Audio Fast-Track Pro as audio interfase.

My problem it's when I run audio applications like Band in a box, Transcribe and audio editors. I put "Play" and stutters audio signal. Seems like an digital audio error.

I try with Fast Track Pro and the Built-in output and the problem it's the same.

Other problem that I have it's when I use Pro Tools 8 M-Powered. This not supports so much plug-ins because in the System Usage, the CPU (RTAS) it's very high with few plugins.

I think that can be a bad configuration because my equipment must works better.

Hopefully can you help me.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lepetitmartien
post Mon 11 Apr 2011, 15:36
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

As CoreDuo are RAM limited, you should have only the software you actually use open. It'll save real estate in memory. Eventually restart before working on music to have the RAM in a pristine emptiness.

And as I said, have the files you work on on an external hard drive, it'll help much too.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 06:55
- © MacMusic 1997-2008