MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Audio Procesing Problem On Macbook, Problem with band in a box, trancribe and audio editors
danidipace
post Mon 4 Apr 2011, 00:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 117,358

Hi.

Fist of all sorry about my english. I'm from Argentina.

I've got a Macbook with: Intel Core Duo 1,83 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD. I use a M-Audio Fast-Track Pro as audio interfase.

My problem it's when I run audio applications like Band in a box, Transcribe and audio editors. I put "Play" and stutters audio signal. Seems like an digital audio error.

I try with Fast Track Pro and the Built-in output and the problem it's the same.

Other problem that I have it's when I use Pro Tools 8 M-Powered. This not supports so much plug-ins because in the System Usage, the CPU (RTAS) it's very high with few plugins.

I think that can be a bad configuration because my equipment must works better.

Hopefully can you help me.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
triads
post Tue 5 Apr 2011, 16:12
Post #2

Member No.: 116,925

Not sure if I fully understand your problem. If you are recording through your DI (M-Audio), it should be easy to isolate if your problem is hardware of software. Your computer came with GarageBand, I would suggest recording through that. Your DI will auto-configure with GB, see it as another midi device. Open a new project selecting 'voice'. If you're playing external sounds, drag the sound into GB and play it as as track. If your recording plays without problems you have an application problem. If you have the same problem, you could have a hardware or configuration problem.

2GB is a lot of RAM, so before you buy more, try things like shutting down all applications except those you absolutely need and reduce your recording buffer size if you really think RAM is an issue. I upgraded to 8GB but I was doing multi-track recordings with 2GB without any of the problems you are experiencing. I have large video/audio projects that I work on all the time and have never had a 'stutter' problem. Latency issues maybe ... but that's another topic. And unless your HD is full, I can't believe this would be an issue.

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Mon 11 Apr 2011, 14:42
Post #3

Maniac Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE (triads @ Tue 5 Apr 2011, 08:12) *
Not sure if I fully understand your problem. If you are recording through your DI (M-Audio), it should be easy to isolate if your problem is hardware of software. Your computer came with GarageBand, I would suggest recording through that. Your DI will auto-configure with GB, see it as another midi device. Open a new project selecting 'voice'. If you're playing external sounds, drag the sound into GB and play it as as track. If your recording plays without problems you have an application problem. If you have the same problem, you could have a hardware or configuration problem.

2GB is a lot of RAM, so before you buy more, try things like shutting down all applications except those you absolutely need and reduce your recording buffer size if you really think RAM is an issue. I upgraded to 8GB but I was doing multi-track recordings with 2GB without any of the problems you are experiencing. I have large video/audio projects that I work on all the time and have never had a 'stutter' problem. Latency issues maybe ... but that's another topic. And unless your HD is full, I can't believe this would be an issue.

I disagree about the RAM, that is the minimum for just running the OS.

I'm on a new quad-core i7 macbook pro 4GB RAM, just running the web browser my system is using 159 GB of virtual memory, and my hard drive is constantly writing 14 GB chunks..

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 15:11
- © MacMusic 1997-2008