MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Help! Installing Native Instument In Logic 8, Scarbee MM bass
Foxyphil
post Wed 4 Nov 2009, 00:54
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,025

Not for the first time -I am baffled by how to install a NI plug in on my imac (Intel 2.00 dual Ghz) -using Logic 8.

I bought the Scarbee MM bass on Sunday as a download. I also had to download the Kontakt Player (I have Konktakt 2 which -as it keep reminding me -will not do the job of playing the Scarbee)

The Kontakt player works ok (it comes with some free -literally -samples)

As for the Scarbee -it's a complete mystery.

It was initially installed as in the "Downloads" section.

Any ideas as to what to do guys?? If you have installed another NI product of late -even if not the Scarbee -any suggestions as to where I should put things would be great -as there is nothing in the documentation that helps. I have contacted technical support -and am waiting for an email that I pray I will comprehend(!)

So -as I say -any help will be a Godsend.

Many thanks

Phil
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Foxyphil
post Fri 6 Nov 2009, 04:23
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,025

Thanks guys!

In the end -I solved the problem by using the feature in the Kontakt 3 player "Search using Spotlight" -which found the correct files and assigned the correct destination. I think the "finding" features in Kontakt are way smarter than "Finder" on the mac.

Having been through N.I installment hell before -I should have been prepared -but on a positive note - the MM bass sounds nice -and even before learning the "articulation" options -you get a great result just by playing. Much more layers and features than -say "Trilogy" - but it literally is just one instrument so worth listening to the samples on the NI site before deciding which of their basses -if any -to go for.

Once again -thx a million for your help and support!

Phil

http://www.soundclick.com/djunfitforwork
http://www.myspace.com/djunfitforwork000
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 13 May 2024, 01:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008