MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Lo-tech Music-maker, low cpu low ram workstation?
Mr. Jason E. Lec...
post Thu 6 Aug 2009, 03:05
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,692

I recently acquired an older iBook G4 for simple on-the-go email and web things. It's running 10.4, 1.33 GHz PPC processor, with only 256 MB RAM. I've been wanting to do some basic music stuff on the bus ride to/from work, but i haven't successfully found a program that runs smoothly. i don't need it to do a lot. and i'm remembering the days before i switched to mac, having a crappy pc with a 500MHz processor, and only like 64 MB of ram, and easily running ReBirth and a couple other programs.

i mainly want a couple drums and synths to work with. i actually got rebirth from the website, but for some reason this iBook's previous owner apparently deleted anything to do with Classic OS, so i don't have os9 on here to run rebirth in. and i don't have the install discs. (i'm not complaining because the iBook was free)

is there anything that could be suggested for me? either a way for me to "re-get" Classic onto my iBook or some sort of os9 emulator.... OR a similar light CPU light on RAM program.

This community has been a huge help to me over the past few years! so i'm sure you guys will have plenty of ideas for me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 22:54
- © MacMusic 1997-2008