MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> New In Mac Music World
taloujazz
post Sat 25 Apr 2009, 21:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 108,185

Hi everybody

I am a guitarist, and I 've just bought an Imac 20" Intel core 2 (switch from PC)

Problem : My line6 toneport UX2 is no more compatible
I need a small usb sound card to plug my guitar

what about the MAudio Fast track ?

thanks for the help

This post has been edited by taloujazz: Sat 25 Apr 2009, 21:54
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
edthened
post Mon 27 Apr 2009, 17:19
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 107,647

Hi!

Just trying out a set up with Garage Band, and found one amusing little glitch - if you update the driver for the Tone Port product (as I just did), make sure you disconnect the USB cable after rebooting with the new driver, wait about 5 seconds, then reconnect while still powered on, otherwise the Tone Port and its registration may 'disappear' from Line 6 Monkey's device table, and will show up as 'unregistered' locally, but 'already registered' on your web account! Catch 22.

BTW: From your what you say, I think you are still using GearBox - so at some point, you will probably want to switch to Pod Farm (GearBox is end-of-maintenance now), although I believe there is some cost involved in this unless you have already bought and activated GearBox in its plug-in option. Ironically, if you are a new convert to Line 6, you get Pod farm and RiffWorks for free, and a whole bunch of 'Gold Pack' extras (i.e. they are now bundled options), whereas the more loyal patrons and early adopters have to pay for the same upgrades. Such is life.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 22:50
- © MacMusic 1997-2008