MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Exhausted - Don't Know What To Do Next, Alesis HD24XR, and MacPro Dual Quad
dad4mad
post Thu 22 Jan 2009, 01:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,119

I've had so many recommendations that my head is going to explode, and yet I'm still asking for help - [size="4"][/size] begging for help.
I have an Alesis HD24XR and a brand new MacPro Dual Quad, 3TB/16GB RAM.
I used to have a Dell, and after fighting this thing (that's why they call 'em workstation) I finally gave up, took out my drives, threw it down the stairs, then went online and bought the Mac.
I don't want to invest in cheap bottom of the line stuff, but don't have a lot of cash after buying the Mac
I am in need of help finding the right interface (or sound card) and the right software for the Mac.
I've been told ProTools is good, but I want to move 24 tracks, so do I need to spend a ton of money
The M2...whatever only does two tracks.

Help i am lost!!
I'm an old school analog guy, wanting to get into the DAW age... rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
dad4mad
post Thu 22 Jan 2009, 19:30
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,119

To all,
Great responses, and i appreciate the info. Deacon had a lengthy reply was was very very helpful.
I record solo artist all the way to church choirs. Typically drums/bass/guitart scratch tracks then over dubbing for better individual track performance.
I spoke with Chris Kramer at Sweetwater, and got some great help.
I've heard the pros and cons of each software package mentioned, and decided last night to go the ProTools route, with the PT MBox2ProFactory with Pro Tools LE
my friend's studio in Nashville uses Pro Tools, and even though many of these other s/w packages clain to be able to integrate, I decided to go with what some say is the 'industry standard'
I've used Cakewalk in the past, and used to have a Roland 2480DVD DAW, automated, etc., but I think the HD24 with the HD24 Fireport (which I already have) will suffice to get the data to my Mac.
Then I'll just go through the gyrations of getting better with PT.

Appreciate all the responses, glad I joined.
Thanks again!
Rock on (if that's your genre...) biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 17:06
- © MacMusic 1997-2008