MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Exhausted - Don't Know What To Do Next, Alesis HD24XR, and MacPro Dual Quad
dad4mad
post Thu 22 Jan 2009, 01:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,119

I've had so many recommendations that my head is going to explode, and yet I'm still asking for help - [size="4"][/size] begging for help.
I have an Alesis HD24XR and a brand new MacPro Dual Quad, 3TB/16GB RAM.
I used to have a Dell, and after fighting this thing (that's why they call 'em workstation) I finally gave up, took out my drives, threw it down the stairs, then went online and bought the Mac.
I don't want to invest in cheap bottom of the line stuff, but don't have a lot of cash after buying the Mac
I am in need of help finding the right interface (or sound card) and the right software for the Mac.
I've been told ProTools is good, but I want to move 24 tracks, so do I need to spend a ton of money
The M2...whatever only does two tracks.

Help i am lost!!
I'm an old school analog guy, wanting to get into the DAW age... rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ckb
post Thu 22 Jan 2009, 06:28
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 105,571

I know plenty of people love PT, and lots love Sonar/Cakewalk, and others love other apps.

But I switched to Logic Pro in mid 2008 and have enjoyed -- that's right, enjoyed -- every minute I've spent with it. I made back the purchase price on the first theater gig I did after buying it, and of course that helped, but even without that... I have so much fun working with it.

But that's me. Everyone's different.

Maybe you could tell us all what kinds of music you make, and that might help people make more targeted recommendations.

Best of luck!
CK

p.s. I just saw this earlier post and second it, almost to the last detail: "The MOTU boxes are excellent. I use an original 828 FireWire interface with Digital Performer, Logic Studio, Logic Express, Garage Band, Audacity and Peak depending on the task at hand. For versatility and robust projects I rely on Logic Studio primarily. (project studio, multi channel 'recording projects'; album, EP, etc.)"

This post has been edited by ckb: Thu 22 Jan 2009, 06:30
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 08:07
- © MacMusic 1997-2008