MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> New Chair
nixoblivion
post Wed 20 Aug 2008, 22:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,993

Hello.
im new to these forums (just found them) and want to start with a "funny" question tongue.gif
i want to get a new chair for my working area. so i was thinking of getting something of this sort http://www.ikea.com/de/de/catalog/products/40103100 with the back going up till the head so i can rest my head.

now the question is, will this be problematic when mixing since there will be a "wall" right behing my ear? i didnt think of it until i was in the store, almost bought it already. the material seems to be foam in the (fake)leather coating. will this create reflections that might distort my mix??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lepetitmartien
post Thu 28 Aug 2008, 15:36
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

You should really try out chairs, as it depends a lot upon your morphology/tallness. The points to look after:

- sturdy enough
- moving easily
- plenty of adjustments
- back and head support
- arm rests, if possible flat ones

and think about something to set your feet on, Ikea sells an adjustable foot rest you put on the floor for cheap. Buy, assemble, set on the floor and forget it. It helps you keeping your tights parallel to the floor.

Watch out for the time the chair is supposed to be used every day, always go for one according to your use, never less.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
stepen
post Wed 18 May 2011, 07:03
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 117,778

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Thu 28 Aug 2008, 15:36) *
You should really try out chairs, as it depends a lot upon your morphology/tallness. The points to look after:

- sturdy enough
- moving easily
- plenty of adjustments
- back and head support
- arm rests, if possible flat ones

and think about something to set your feet on, Ikea sells an adjustable foot rest you put on the floor for cheap. Buy, assemble, set on the floor and forget it. It helps you keeping your tights parallel to the floor.

Watch out for the time the chair is supposed to be used every day, always go for one according to your use, never less.

Thank you for this helpful information. I'm going to buy a new chair soon and now I know how to choose the right one.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 18 Apr 2024, 12:33
- © 440 Forums 2011