MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
>  Firewire 410 Problems, light flashing an not recognized in XP SP2
cumpa
post Sun 3 Aug 2008, 13:45
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,670

RIVERDOG!!! please I need help here...I have a FW410 and it worked perfectly ok till yesterday...now the blue light keep on flashing and Windows doesn´t recognize it. I´ve tried to turn it on -off-unplugged-plugged-installing original and latest drivers and nothing happen. Í presume that it is an internal problem of the m-audio card and on the web doesn´t exist any software tho flash the M-audio hardware. AAAA also tried with different computers and different FW PCI cards and notebooks. I´m very carefull with this things, I mean the soundcard didn't fall or recived any damages...
SPECS
Windows XP SP2
Pentium 6600 2.40 GHz
1G RAM
PsL-MX Asus Motherboard

It worked perfectly for 2 years!!! do you have any idea??? thanks dude!!!!!

PD Sorry about my english Im from Argentina.....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Wed 6 Aug 2008, 13:27
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Hello

Is there a step by step to reset the unit in the manual?

After such reset if the issue is still there, either the problem is hardware base or it's on XP side there's something to cure.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
FastEddy
post Thu 7 Aug 2008, 19:14
Post #3

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,762

QUOTE (cumpa @ Sun 3 Aug 2008, 05:45) *
" ... a FW410 and it worked perfectly ok till yesterday... now the blue light keep on flashing and Windows doesn´t recognize it. ... Windows XP SP2 / Pentium 6600 2.40 GHz / 1G RAM ..."

M-Audio FW-410 Owners Manual doewnload = http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/manua...e410-Manual.pdf

1) Did you connect to the Internet and accidentally download something new = run virus checkers and spam filters and spyware removers. Alternately or concurrently, your Windows drivers may have become corrupted = reinstall PCI port card drivers and M-Audio FW-xxx drivers ... this happens all the time.

2) Do you have access to a replacement power supply brick / wall wart ?? If so, swap it out and see if that does not fix the problems. (FYI: The Cisco and Lynksys consumer routers all use the same power supply bricks as M-Audio and (as everyone should know by now) most FireWire devices use the same power supply brick / plug in the wall / wall wart = 12.0 Volts DC, center positive output of from 15 to 30 watts. Refer to: http://firewirestuff.com/power.html )

3) If your FireWire 1394a ports on your computer are by way of a plug in card (the most common type), then you might consider having a technician look inside the system box. (If you are handy and have done this before, just pop the case open and pull, then reinstall the FireWire port card = this wipes the card connectors and bus slot connectors. As a PC technician of 20+ years, this is the most common fix for corroded or tarnished motherboard to PCI card bus connectors. Kids, don't try this at home unless you are thoroughly familiar with the insides of your PC.)

4, 5, 6) Very rare problems: repeated flexing of the FireWire 6-pin to 6-pin cable(s) may have caused the circuit board connectors to become damaged or disconnected = non-operational data or power connections. Although this is a more common problem with "cheap" FireWire 4-pin cameras, it can happen with any FireWire 4-pin or 6-pin (or USB) device.

This post has been edited by FastEddy: Thu 7 Aug 2008, 19:19

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 09:38
- © PcMusic 1997-2007