MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Replace Motu's Freestyle?
ap4tv
post Thu 10 Jul 2008, 17:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,221

I'm looking to upgrade my MOTU's Freestyle software, notation and midi software from the late '90's.
Can anyone recommend a similar product?
All I want to do is play bass and drum tracks thru my keyboard and drum pad,
make edits and corrections on the written notation, have it play back thru my keyboard and drum pad, and play live guitar over it.

Sounds simple, no?

andrew
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mortalengines
post Fri 20 Mar 2009, 11:48
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,373

You should look it up (and be willing to spend a little time doing so) on Google. The other day I wanted to use my 8 year old daughter's Casio keyboard and control an Audio unit electric piano plug with a full size keyboard. First of all, my daughter had absolutely no idea where the disk with the drivers were so, I first went online to download them from Casio's site. OF course, Casio never wrote drivers for Macs. So, I went back to Google and found a forum thread from a guy had actually wrote HIS OWN drivers for the Mac so his kids could play instruments in Garage Band with their keyboard). from scratch and then posted it to google apps. I was amazed. I was also really happy that I had a 61key- keyboard to play my electric piano patches instead of my little m-audio oxygen Is Freestyle the name of the app that you ran on the old Mac? What was the file name for Freemont.s? You may be surprised at what you can find out there.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

www.reverbnation.com/mortalengines
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 10 May 2024, 02:08
- © MacMusic 1997-2008