MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Sampler Or Usb Controller, Which one is better for Mac users?
MacDJ07
post Tue 3 Jun 2008, 05:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,492

Ok....I'm just getting into making my own hip hop and dance beats and I'm not really sure if what I'm going to ask is understandable, so feel free to ask me for more information if you need to.

I have been looking around for a beat machine basically, and I've come across a couple of different kinds of hardware that seem to do the same stuff. I was looking at the Rowland SP-404 and that is a (sampler). Then I have also been looking on the Akai midi pad controller (http://www.zzounds.com/item--AKAMPD32) and it seems that this product can also make beats and it has pads just like the SP-404. I understand that the MPD32 is strictly usb, but from my understanding the SP-404 can also be hooked up to the computer.

Would it be better to use the USB Controller (Akai MPD32) or the Sampler (Rowland SP-404) on my Mac? And what is the difference other than the connection?

I have a MacBook with OS X and just mess around with Garageband right now but can get Logic if I need to.

Thanx for your time and responses..... biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 13 Jun 2024, 10:30
- © MacMusic 1997-2008