MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guitar Rig 2 On Ibook
estiv
post Fri 11 Apr 2008, 01:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,449

I recently got an iBook for some basic music work but am having a problem. Here's the situation.

I am running Guitar Rig 2 (not 3) as a standalone on an iBook 1.33 GHz with 1 GB RAM. I keep getting a noise that sounds like a kind of static, garbling the sound. It occurs maybe once or twice a minute, and lasts a few seconds. I have already turned off Bluetooth and Airport, as well as other steps meant to make the machine better for music (a non-changing desktop, all power saving turned off, etc.) Any suggestions? I'll be happy to provide any further information.

Thanks,
estiv
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
minskybabs
post Fri 11 Apr 2008, 09:30
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 16,643

QUOTE (estiv @ Fri 11 Apr 2008, 00:47) *
I recently got an iBook for some basic music work but am having a problem. Here's the situation.

I am running Guitar Rig 2 (not 3) as a standalone on an iBook 1.33 GHz with 1 GB RAM. I keep getting a noise that sounds like a kind of static, garbling the sound. It occurs maybe once or twice a minute, and lasts a few seconds. I have already turned off Bluetooth and Airport, as well as other steps meant to make the machine better for music (a non-changing desktop, all power saving turned off, etc.) Any suggestions? I'll be happy to provide any further information.

Thanks,
estiv

Is it possible you may have a demo that has expired somewhere? Sometimes demos of software or pluguins cause these funny noises when they expire. Make sure you only have full paid for versions of software on the machine, not demos or heaven forbid any cracked software...
Cheers Minskybabs

+Quote Post
estiv
post Fri 11 Apr 2008, 13:21
Post #3

QUOTE (minskybabs @ Fri 11 Apr 2008, 03:30) *
QUOTE (estiv @ Fri 11 Apr 2008, 00:47) *

Thanks,
estiv

Is it possible you may have a demo that has expired somewhere? Sometimes demos of software or pluguins cause these funny noises when they expire. Make sure you only have full paid for versions of software on the machine, not demos or heaven forbid any cracked software...
Cheers Minskybabs

Good suggestion, Minskybabs, but no, it's all legit software, paid for and registered.

+Quote Post
estiv
post Tue 15 Apr 2008, 13:41
Post #4

Anyone got any other suggestions? This is driving me nuts.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 10:22
- © MacMusic 1997-2008