MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Can You Tell The Difference?, The difference between a 120 Kbps and a 320Kbps MP3
mortalengines
post Fri 4 Apr 2008, 23:45
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,373

Ok this is a fun exercise. Go here:

www.mp3ornot.com/

and post back whether or not you got the answer correct.

Personally, I got it wrong. Then again, I HAVE been wearing headphones, playing loud guitars, and swinging a hammer for years. The forum that I found this link on had postings from guys who SWEAR they can tell the difference. I think they are full of beans.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

This post has been edited by mortalengines: Fri 4 Apr 2008, 23:45
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
FastEddy
post Sat 9 Aug 2008, 16:59
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,762

" ... Sound Engineer's, Manipulator's & many people hear things we "normal one's" don't. ..."

" ... Now I am so calculating about levels, compression, frequencies, effects, etc., by time I'm ready to perform the "Feeling" is gone. ..."

However, with some more years behind you, you will come back to enjoy the music for its own sake. Lately I have been playing from my collection and downloading w/ iTunes every night, several hours per night. I do appreciate a huge range of genre from Nora to the "wall of sound" stuff, plus my beloved Ludwig. With age also comes a somewhat diminished hearing range too, but because of my appreciation of "Pink" noise, et al, I find that I can still make out the nuances of that screamin' guitar. (My "engineering" background is in digital, but as a hobby I build my own analog amps and pre-amps.)

Got Apples? Yes, two at home and two at work, more coming. I burned the FireWire port on my iBook so I don't use it much anymore (experimenting with home made FireWire DACs). Office system: Logitech SqueezeBox 24bit/96K direct connected to Internet driving an ancient MOSFET Sony pushing Magnepan MMGW flat panel speakers with el cheapo subwoofer (playlist & control from Mac-Mini). Home system: newer iMac to EchoDigital AudioFire 2 (24bit/96k) to Bottlehead vacuum tube pre-amp to DIY 3-channel power dump MOSFET AussieAmplifier.com amp pushing Magnepan MMG planar flat panel speakers and reconed Cerwin Vega subwoofer. Alternate sources include newest Rega P3 turntable and OppoDigital.com DV-980 (stereo 24bit/96k & 24bit/192k output). On the bench: DIY two channel one horse power MOSFET amp for guitar = weight 12 pounds wink.gif

(I give away my mistakes and surplus equipment: I recently gave a Mac-Mini and EchoDigital.com AudioFire 4 to my niece = she is in a big band in Denver and this goes into their studio for master record & playback.)

This post has been edited by FastEddy: Sat 9 Aug 2008, 17:17

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 00:04
- © 440 Forums 2011