MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Iso To Aiff Converter?
gutza63
post Sat 19 Jan 2008, 15:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 89,680

hello , i just downloaded a sample cd wich is ISO . i tryed anything with toast ,but i can not turn it to akai or wav file so i can use it in logic . i am new in this area so please give me some advice how can i convert an ISO file to wav . thanks a lot smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mac Daddy
post Sun 20 Jan 2008, 07:33
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76,633

gutza63 Posted Yesterday, 03:57 PM {hello , i just downloaded a sample cd wich is ISO . i tryed anything with toast ,but i can not turn it to akai or wav file so i can use it in logic . i am new in this area so please give me some advice how can i convert an ISO file to wav . thanks a lot }

gutza63, I know, I know this one. mortalengines just helped my woth this problem.

OK. Open Logic. Open EXS24. Click Options. (On the right). Follow Prompts. The CD will Automatically Load... It just takes a few Clicks.

If I left out a step, mortalengines will catch and fix.

+Quote Post
deaconblue
post Sun 20 Jan 2008, 18:33
Post #3

Member No.: 11,156

QUOTE (Mac Daddy @ Sun 20 Jan 2008, 00:33) *
gutza63 Posted Yesterday, 03:57 PM {hello , i just downloaded a sample cd wich is ISO . i tryed anything with toast ,but i can not turn it to akai or wav file so i can use it in logic . i am new in this area so please give me some advice how can i convert an ISO file to wav . thanks a lot }

OK. Open Logic. Open EXS24. Click Options. (On the right). Follow Prompts. The CD will Automatically Load... It just takes a few Clicks.

One thing, make sure the cd_name.iso is actually mounted (opened) so that Logic will see it in the EXS24 list of sources to convert.

You can do that by burning a copy with toast (I'll give those directions below), or if the image is formatted to mount as finder ready image (usually cd_name.iso.dmg) you can double-click the image file to mount it on the desktop.

For toast, launch toast and select "Copy" or "Disc Copy" depending on if you are using Toast 8 or 7 (respectively).

Once you have that selected you may need to expand your left hand window for options if you are using Toast 7. If you do not see "Image", "Disc" or "Bin Cue", you'll need to click on the small disclosure triangle on the top left of your Toast window. This will open the options pane for you.

If you have Toast 8, as soon as you select copy, you'll see 4 options immediately below the Copy icon on the left. Select "Image File". In the right pane you'll see a generic document icon and a select button. At this point you can either drag the cd_name.iso file into this window or click the select button and navigate to it's location to select it.

Once it is selected, you should be able to either "Mount" the image or burn it to a CD. If it can be mounted at this point you can then use Logic to convert the file to Akai for use in Logic. Or you can burn the CD and then complete the task in the same way once the burn is complete and the physical CD is mounted.

Good luck!

peace.

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 14 May 2024, 06:14
- © MacMusic 1997-2008