MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Keyboard Player Looking For Expert On Classic Rock, Earn $$$$ if good.
Bob Rivers
post Wed 26 Dec 2007, 08:35
Post #1

Group: Validating
Member No.: 97,514

I am an experienced producer, radio host, recording artist (Comedy), and playing keyboards in a tribute band. I am not that great, but I can rehearse my butt off, if someone can figure out the parts for me.

Looking to hire an expert player who can pick out and put into musical notation piano and other keyboard parts for Classic Rock hits. If you are PERFECT at it, this can be an occasional gig. Most people do NOT do a very accurate job, which is why most cover bands leave a lot to be desired.

I hadn't played at all for 17 years, and wasn't any good back then, so this has been an interesting experience.

The right person might have some musical notation software, a good ear, and enjoy nitpicking accuracy.

Let me know if it is you.

Thanks for reading.

EXAMPLES OF SONGS I'D LIKE TO LEARN:

Paradise By The Dashboard Light- Meatloaf (Piano, other keyboard parts)
Won't Get Fooled Again- The Who

OTHER TRACKS I HAVE IN MIDI FORM recorded by another keyboard player. I just need the musical score so I can learn and practice them.

I have found most sheet music books to be very innacurate, so if anyone knows of great ones, please let me know.

THANKS FOR READING

Bob
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mac Daddy
post Thu 27 Dec 2007, 07:27
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,633

Bob Rivers

My next statement will probably cause me problems, but, I'm a man who can deal with whatever comes my way... But....

I don't think there are any "Rocker's" in 440. The vast majority wouldn't know what "Classic Rock" is. I think the majority of 440 Members are "Loop Jockey's". "Drag & Drop". Layer upon layers of "Zero's and One's" .

I think you'll have to search well beyond 440 to find "Real Music" "Audio" played.

I would suggest getting Private Lessons if you are going to be going on Stage... Sounds like you need to really work hard. Fortunately, a Keybord Player can hide behind his Instrument and Read if you have to until you become competent... Don't go on stage unprepared. Don't do it to yourself, your band or the public... Practice.

I hope I am proved wrong regarding my "Loop Jockey" and "Drag & Drop" remark... It's just that Rock Bands and Players don't mess around with computer music. Some, a few, Record "IDEAS" on computers, but, Hard Drive and Hard Drives could not be wider apart...

The only kick as serious Rock Band that dabbled for just a minute was Van Halen... In "Jump" Eddie Van Halen was not content being one of the most wicked guitarist on the Planet, he wanted to play Synth too... It was the lamest most out of place riff ever... And Eddie Van Halen sucks on Keyboard... "I'd tell that to him personally".

Get private lessons in your Local Area, in "Real Time" and save yourself a lot of wasted time...

OK, come on with it 440... But, you have got to be able to back it up with something we can hear...

"I'm going to be affraid to open tomorrows Post"... Please prove me wrong and shut me up...

I'm becoming very bold as I get old... and I ain't scarred of "Teen-Agers" , "Techies" or "Taxes"... T-T-That's T-T-The T-T-Truth.... Just the T-T-Taliban.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 08:38
- © 440 Forums 2011