MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Tascam M-2600 Mkii
abelsna
post Mon 10 Sep 2007, 20:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,308

Does anybody remember this 10 year old model from tascam? I'm currently thinking of buying one, but the guy who's selling it does'nt know anything about it.

As I recall it had tape in on every channel and something called group out, but is the group out just a direct out (maybe even with a fader/gaincontrol)from each channel allowing me to hook it up to my tape machine or RME pre+converter?

Any usefull info would be nice. Thanks.

Best regards
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
JBassman
post Thu 16 Apr 2009, 21:13
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 107,977

I have recently obtained a Tascam M-2600 MK II Mixing console. As I was hooking up and testing the console today I have run into a few issues. First issue is that when I first turn the system on I get a very loud squeeling sound coming from my control room monitors. The squeeling gets higher pitched and then finally goes away after about 2 -3 minutes that the console is on. Second, I am getting a good bit of static from the console through my control room monitors and through the mains. While using the console there seems to be a "sweet spot" between the L-R main fader and the volume pot for the control room monitors. What I mean by this is that I can set the L-R fader at a certian level and turn the vol pot for the monitors and find a certian spot where the static is minimal, but when I move either the pot or the fader the static comes back. Also, with both the slider and the pot turned completely down the static is pretty loud. Lastly, all the while the unit is on, the leds for the groups will flicker without any signal to them.

That's all I have now. Any information regarding these matters would be helpful.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 17:49
- © 440 Forums 2011