MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Tascam M-2600 Mkii
abelsna
post Mon 10 Sep 2007, 20:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,308

Does anybody remember this 10 year old model from tascam? I'm currently thinking of buying one, but the guy who's selling it does'nt know anything about it.

As I recall it had tape in on every channel and something called group out, but is the group out just a direct out (maybe even with a fader/gaincontrol)from each channel allowing me to hook it up to my tape machine or RME pre+converter?

Any usefull info would be nice. Thanks.

Best regards
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Jim Hoyland
post Fri 14 Sep 2007, 12:49
Post #2

Member No.: 81,499

I haven't used this console, but from a quick glance at the literature it would seem that there is a direct out on every channel which is post gain but pre-eq and insert.

There are 8 group outs, to which any channel can be assigned using busses and pan controls - these can therefore be used to track 8 individual channels post-eq and insert, or indeed any number of channels that are bussed to a particular group.

The level at the group output will therefore be set by the individual channel and the level of the group fader.

There are also insert points for each group.

As a true "in-line" console, its probably best to describe this desk as 32-8-32.

Hope this helps!

This post has been edited by Jim Hoyland: Fri 14 Sep 2007, 12:51

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
alexrecording
post Sun 28 Sep 2008, 16:56
Post #3

Member No.: 103,828

Citation (Jim Hoyland @ Fri 14 Sep 2007, 13:49) *
I haven't used this console, but from a quick glance at the literature it would seem that there is a direct out on every channel which is post gain but pre-eq and insert.

There are 8 group outs, to which any channel can be assigned using busses and pan controls - these can therefore be used to track 8 individual channels post-eq and insert, or indeed any number of channels that are bussed to a particular group.

The level at the group output will therefore be set by the individual channel and the level of the group fader.

There are also insert points for each group.

As a true "in-line" console, its probably best to describe this desk as 32-8-32.

Hope this helps!

I am selling the Tascam M2600 Mk2! If anyone is still interested please email me at [removed email, use the SAFE email link on the member's profile] or call me at (516) 578-2098. This is a serious offer and I am selling it for a great price. I live on Long Island so we would have to figure out shipping. Please contact me!
Reason for edit: removed email

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 23:11
- © 440 Forums 2011