MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Tascam M-2600 Mkii
abelsna
post Mon 10 Sep 2007, 20:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,308

Does anybody remember this 10 year old model from tascam? I'm currently thinking of buying one, but the guy who's selling it does'nt know anything about it.

As I recall it had tape in on every channel and something called group out, but is the group out just a direct out (maybe even with a fader/gaincontrol)from each channel allowing me to hook it up to my tape machine or RME pre+converter?

Any usefull info would be nice. Thanks.

Best regards
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
abelsna
post Sat 22 Sep 2007, 10:44
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,308

Hey

Ok, so now i have checked the console out. No pots or faders scratch and everything seems to be working except the link from channel 17 to main. The meter responds and everything but the path to the mains out is broken. If it where a 1 channel strip i could remove it and perhaps either fix it or put is as number 32. But since its a 8 channel strip i really cant do that. Also could it be a sign that something more is wrong or will be wrong in a short time?
Its been used at a productionschool for 8 years and then bought by the present owner. It looks a bit used but nothing criminal.

What do you say? Is it worth buying? He has the manual and service manual exept one sheet. Without pressurering him he has offered it to me for 9000 dkr (1700 usd/850 pounds) incl. a stand and an old tascam 2x16 patchbay. He's a young kid and doesnt know much about it.

Any thoughts?

abelsna

This post has been edited by abelsna: Sat 22 Sep 2007, 10:45
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 04:21
- © 440 Forums 2011