MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Tascam M-2600 Mkii
abelsna
post Mon 10 Sep 2007, 20:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,308

Does anybody remember this 10 year old model from tascam? I'm currently thinking of buying one, but the guy who's selling it does'nt know anything about it.

As I recall it had tape in on every channel and something called group out, but is the group out just a direct out (maybe even with a fader/gaincontrol)from each channel allowing me to hook it up to my tape machine or RME pre+converter?

Any usefull info would be nice. Thanks.

Best regards
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Top of
post Tue 11 Sep 2007, 15:50
Post #2

Member No.: 66,796

http://www.sweetwater.com/publications/swe...lidaySN_03.html

+Quote Post
abelsna
post Thu 13 Sep 2007, 18:13
Post #3

Member No.: 91,308

Hey Mac Daddy

Thanks for the reply. Its the 32-channel with meter bridge. My consern is whether the group out is a direct out on every channel and if it is, is there a seperate gain/volume control for this output? or is it like on behringer where the signal goes through the whole channel-path and the output level is controlled by the fader? Or to phrase it differently; is it a true in-line console? I have a Tascam MS-16 and a protools system that i use and it would be neat if i could use 16 channels for each of the two systems.

It looks to be in good shape, but i havent tried all pots and faders yet. He is asking about 1000 punds.

Best regards

+Quote Post
Rhsilverberg
post Fri 14 Sep 2007, 17:56
Post #4

Member No.: 90,149

QUOTE (abelsna @ Thu 13 Sep 2007, 13:13) *
Hey Mac Daddy

Thanks for the reply. Its the 32-channel with meter bridge. My consern is whether the group out is a direct out on every channel and if it is, is there a seperate gain/volume control for this output? or is it like on behringer where the signal goes through the whole channel-path and the output level is controlled by the fader? Or to phrase it differently; is it a true in-line console? I have a Tascam MS-16 and a protools system that i use and it would be neat if i could use 16 channels for each of the two systems.

It looks to be in good shape, but i havent tried all pots and faders yet. He is asking about 1000 punds.

Just did the currency conversion math and IF everything works, this is on hell of a deal. Read through the literature links and it seems that this desk gives you the best of both the "true in-line" worlds and the flexiblity to go "pre-fader" on certain busses that you have complete control over their assignability.

The fairly modest Eurodesk Behringer board I use can be user modded to switch all the sends to post-fader. But I never needed to do that in my rig.

Good luck!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 05:56
- © 440 Forums 2011