MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Plugin To Remove Hiss/static In The Background Of Song?
hazard99
post Thu 2 Aug 2007, 22:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 93,527

Hello. Hopefully someone can help me out. I'm looking for a free plugin for garageband or logic or a free application to remove the hiss in the background of my songs.

Thanks for any help. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
spacelace
post Fri 3 Aug 2007, 16:06
Post #2

Member No.: 78,692

I was in the same position you're in right now. After trying this and that, I decided to cough up (save) the money for SoundSoap 2 and Peak LE 5.2. Their retail price is or was $100 a piece. So, I went to CompUSA and much to my delight, they had them on sale. Caught a break! $150 total for both.
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that there are some things out there that will do the job and they're free (e.g. mda plug-ins, Crystal synth, etc.) but I've found that some things you should cough up the money and buy. Try SoundSoap 2 first. This is an excellent product that will do exactly what you're looking for AND more! Personally, I don't know what I'd do without it now. It'll work with Logic and I assume Garageband and any sound files that I have used it on. To me, for the money, it's the "bomb".
Sometimes, you just have to pull out your wallet and say "What the fcku!". You know? Anyway, hope this helps. Maybe not your sense of frugality, but your satisfaction when you play back your well deserving tracks.

+Quote Post
fishboisfo
post Sat 4 Aug 2007, 12:01
Post #3

Member No.: 67,641

and then . . . there is waves. Do not make the fatal mistake of downloading the platinum bundle. Unless, of course, you want the most amazing mastering experience you can have. The problem is the cash. It is boo-koo bucks. If you are lucky, and regularly work with a sale person that you trust, you can probably cut a good deal -- but even the best deal for the platinum bundle will be $1000 - $1300.

I don't know where you are in your music making career. I can say this however-- Hear me, and hear me now: If you think you are going to be able to pick up a copy of anything other than a high end set of mastering tools that are going to satisfy you over the nxt 3-5 years, that is going to fulfill all you acoustic needs for less than $500, you won't.

I did that. I have T-racks ( darn good stuff ); I have the really good Version of Blue Tubes Bundle ( which the flamenco setting was worth $300 alone for some of my tracks ). I have SoundSoap. It works OK -- but, it is really, really noticible. I even have it automated to turn on and off down to the 1/512th of a second, and its noticible. They are all good products, don't get me wrong. . .
But, they ain't waves. Sony Oxford is now Native, and there mastering products are renouned as well, but I haven't tried them yet.

My advice is to download the demo from the waves site. Fix all your issues for free during that trial period.

You will get to use the plug -ins for 3-5 days with out restrictions -- THAT IS VERY GENEROUS. I re- mastered 3 songs for free during that time, one of which was laden with pops and clicks from the original recording and they are all as polished and clean as if they never were there.

Then, just save your money and buy what you will be using over and over-- that will save you money in the long run.

I really hope that helps

PS -- I don't work for waves -- but, if anyone out there reading this does work for waves, I am still saving my money to update to Mercury -- maybe you could help me out for the promotional work I just gave you smile.gif LOL.
Peace

+Quote Post
Huggie
post Sat 4 Aug 2007, 22:21
Post #4

Member No.: 14,377

QUOTE (hazard99 @ Fri 3 Aug 2007, 09:12) *
Hello. Hopefully someone can help me out. I'm looking for a free plugin for garageband or logic or a free application to remove the hiss in the background of my songs.

Thanks for any help. smile.gif

You can get away with using a gate if the hiss isn't to bad...

Good advice from fishboisfo. Use a trail version of Waves to fix your tracks for free!

--------------------
Goldbaby Productions
www.goldbaby.co.nz

Vintage drum machines will one day rule the earth...

+Quote Post
mcrein
post Tue 9 Oct 2007, 15:51
Post #5

Member No.: 15,217

i agree with the above, but the best is sitll to get as clean a signal as u can when initially recording. all post recording fixes are destructive in nature. they have to be, you're removing (or in case of gates, masking) freq's. also good to remember that there is a certain amount of background noise to life in general. it's not all bad...
m

+Quote Post
makaala
post Wed 10 Oct 2007, 05:46
Post #6

Rookie

Member No.: 68,847

Bias soundsoap.. without a minutes hesitation.
cheers,

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 2 May 2024, 06:07
- © MacMusic 1997-2008