MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Blue Ball Usb Mic? 2 Xlr Input, any adapters to convert the USB to analog for mixer inputs
imhookt1
post Mon 16 Jul 2007, 22:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,293

hello all, I'm brainstorming mobile recording with my BlueBall mic. pondering the conversion factor? to an analog mixer, can this be done, I do have a couple possible scenarios, will the soundtech USB intelligent instrument cable work? help thanks "Hook" 'em' up cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mortalengines
post Sun 10 Aug 2008, 01:59
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,373

You definitely have a point but I gotta admit I was kind of impressed with the SE Electronics mic that also offered a conventional XLR output was pretty nifty. Also you mentioned just buying a 99 dollar mixer and a 200 dollar interface and what I suspect would be at least a 99 dollar microphone puts you WAY ahead of the Snowball in terms of price. I wouldn't suggest buying a USB mic as my ONLY mic (by the way I don't own one either) and neither does the EQ article suggest it either. But it does offer a lot in terms of convenience and portability. The only other thing that I feel needs stressing is the fact that the previous thread implies that 16 bit 44100 HZ just doesn't make it anymore. NOT true. Some of my favorite records were made with 8-BIT samplers. What worries me about the post is that it really reinforces my impression that most people are WAY too screwed up about the gear and not what is really critical: the performance. Records made in the 60s and 70s are not necessarily considered good recordings but, to be honest, they sound better to my ears than most modern ones (and most of my favorite modern recordings are pretty "retro" in their feel). Heck, I still use 16 bit samples. Call me a dinosaur.

Again I am not trying to raise a whole bunch of controversy here....that would be useless as all of my mics are XLR and range anywhere from 70 to 500 bucks, and I just spent A WHOLE bunch of money on an Apogee Duet and a Universal Audio LA-610 channel strip. I'm just saying that it is ok to go with something that fits your budget and SOUNDS GOOD to your ears (forget about the sample rate). If I worried about meeting some kind of industry standard when I started actively recording around 1991 (with a Yamaha MT12, a digital delay, and a Shure SM57 mic) I wouldn't have ever got off the ground.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

This post has been edited by mortalengines: Sun 10 Aug 2008, 02:00
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 1 May 2024, 11:32
- © 440 Forums 2011