MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Just Bought A Macbook...
darcyb62
post Mon 12 Mar 2007, 16:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,724

I've been debating for a while on whether or not I should jump ship on the PC platform> I went shopping on the weekend and ended up with a 2 gHz MacBook. I was looking on the Windows side but I wasn't prepared to go the Vista route and there wasn't a whole heck of a lot of hardware left with XP preloaded, so I decided to bite the bullet and go Mac.

Now I need to decide what to do on the DAW side. With Windows I had been using Tracktion but as of late I had doing more and more with a product called Podium. Boot camp will keep me going for a while here but I do want to make a full transition to the Mac.

I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on this so I am looking at the following:

Tracktion 3 Ultimate Bundle
Logic Express
Cubase Studio 4

I've looked at Ableton Live on the Windows side and could never get into so I'm not considering it. Am I overlooking anything?

It's also looking like I have to abandon my favorite drum program (Jamstix) so I am curious as to what some lower cost options might be in this area.

I appreciate any feedback you might have...

Darcy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
jimdubpram
post Tue 13 Mar 2007, 14:19
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,837

re. drum software. Avoid EZ drummer as it doesn't work well on mac. Problems recording midi .ie you have to open a new track for every bit of new recording, and it will only open into a woodwind track which you then have to change. Way too fiddly! angry.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 14 May 2024, 23:39
- © MacMusic 1997-2008